Any DD-WRT Interest in ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
right. the final version will have a tar file for flashing. for for testing this was the quickest way. consider also my notes in the pm i sended about first time booting

Thanks for the info, I was successful in getting my edgerouter light installed with dd-wrt rev 24527.

The Edgerouter pro should ship today, I will email you with tracking... Will do some testing today with the lite

-Fractal
Sponsor
leo_bsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to test this.
I'm waiting for my edgerouter lite come back from RMA.
I was fighting to get OpenVPN working with the stock firmware, let's hope DD-WRT is better.
leo_bsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
thinking about warranty, could you provide the tar file so I do not need to open the device to flash it through cli or the web interface?
My current device would not be replaced if I had opened it.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
leo_bsb wrote:
thinking about warranty, could you provide the tar file so I do not need to open the device to flash it through cli or the web interface?
My current device would not be replaced if I had opened it.

I am excited to see this device getting dd-wrt support, I have been testing for over a week, this is a real powerful gateway device.. I did have to crack the case and flash the USB drive with dd-wrt and it worked right off.

I am looking forward to the port of the edgerouter-pro as well, this device has been donated and will be even better in larger deployments.

-Fractal
nippit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:48    Post subject: This is Great news Reply with quote
hey thanks guys this is great news this device is powerfull but i was worried about the OS in it.

I will go a ahead and order one.
@Fractal

how is the performance of the lite with dd-wrt?

I am interested in this device due to HW crypto I am looking for high VPN performance.

cheers
nippit
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 16:42    Post subject: Re: This is Great news Reply with quote
nippit wrote:
hey thanks guys this is great news this device is powerfull but i was worried about the OS in it.

I will go a ahead and order one.
@Fractal

how is the performance of the lite with dd-wrt?

I am interested in this device due to HW crypto I am looking for high VPN performance.

cheers
nippit

So far this has been a great device, for $100US or there about its great and especially since it has hw crypto support.

The one thing I do like is that it boots off of a internal USB drive, so bricking this device is a matter of just re flashing the USB drive in another computer, this is a plus for me.

-Fractal
nippit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Fractal

just to confirm.
does this means that I can keep different DD-WRT or the original OS and settings on separate USB flash and boot from any one plugged in.

is there no Flash on the board? settings etc on on the USB if this is the case it is even cooler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Question:

If the Edge router (Pro) can work with dd-rt will it be able to pipe all traffic trough a VyprVPN account?

Thanks,

Rogier[/url]
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
nippit wrote:
@Fractal

just to confirm.
does this means that I can keep different DD-WRT or the original OS and settings on separate USB flash and boot from any one plugged in.

is there no Flash on the board? settings etc on on the USB if this is the case it is even cooler

I believe you are correct, I used a 2gb flash drive micro, since the space is limited inside. This is on the Light version...

I have not heard from brainslayer yet on the pro yet, when its safe to flash pro, I will updated on how it works.

-Fractal
leo_bsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
nippit wrote:
@Fractal

just to confirm.

I believe you are correct, I used a 2gb flash drive micro, since the space is limited inside. This is on the Light version...

I have not heard from brainslayer yet on the pro yet, when its safe to flash pro, I will updated on how it works.

-Fractal

this is great news. My old unit was bricked doing a regular update. If I knew I could just pop it open and format the internal usb drive I would try it and forget about RMA.
I'll have a new one next week. It is mandatory to use dd to format and flash? I remember using a dd for windows in the past, I'll look for something like it since I have no linux installed at home.
leo_bsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just installed the DD-WRT on my edgerouter lite but it is on trial mode, it needs to activate. I sent an email to brainslayer so I can activate and start to test it.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scooterit wrote:
Question:

If the Edge router (Pro) can work with dd-rt will it be able to pipe all traffic trough a VyprVPN account?

Thanks,

Rogier[/url]

I am waiting for the green light from brainslayer to test the edge-router pro, i have one for testing, so I will update this thread when I can test the pro device.

-Fractal
leo_bsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, any news? Mine edge router lite have dd-wrt installed but I cannot use it since it is on trial mode.
Do you know if I can purchase an unlock at the DD-WRT store or it is supposed to be free?
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
leo_bsb wrote:
Hey guys, any news? Mine edge router lite have dd-wrt installed but I cannot use it since it is on trial mode.
Do you know if I can purchase an unlock at the DD-WRT store or it is supposed to be free?

I had to upgrade mine to pro license.. This makes sine because the ubiquity devices are pro devices and making a good splash in the IT Wifi realm. I am enjoying my device, can't wait to test the edge router pro soon as well.. I have some deployments where this would just be a perfect fit.

-Fractal
spl147
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
everything works well, except i have a issue with DDNS, i am using no-ip.com, i entered all my info. when the service starts i get this message:

W:'RC_IP_RECV_ERROR' (0x15) updating the IPs. (it 0)

looks like the request srings have changed:
http://www.noip.com/integrate/request
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 8
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: