TP-Link Archer C7 (ac1750)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 139, 140, 141  Next
errman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ckdalsdk12 wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
update. should fix the ac-only issue and also the freezing problem. (i'm reworking the config backend right now to make things faster, so glitches can still happen)

Freezing and ac-only mode issue are fixed. Also 80Mhz works well. Galaxy note 3 shows link speed 433Mbps.(full speed)
But, Status page shows 144.444Mbps ,too.
I don't know real speed, yet.

When mixed mode, some channels(ex 149, 161) is works well. but others channels(ex 153, 157) are don't work.
When ac-only mode, 161 channel doesn't works.

And still can't flash factory-to-ddwrt.bin in stock firmware.
has this problem just me?

Thank you for your effort.

The same problem. This is a driver issue. I think the driver is failing to "tie up" all neighboring channels to work as one.
However, it's not that bad at this stage. Openwrt new driver doesn't work at all.
And the only way out of DD-WRT at this stage is TTL-to-Serial.
Sponsor
ckdalsdk12
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
errman wrote:
ckdalsdk12 wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
update. should fix the ac-only issue and also the freezing problem. (i'm reworking the config backend right now to make things faster, so glitches can still happen)

Freezing and ac-only mode issue are fixed. Also 80Mhz works well. Galaxy note 3 shows link speed 433Mbps.(full speed)
But, Status page shows 144.444Mbps ,too.
I don't know real speed, yet.

When mixed mode, some channels(ex 149, 161) is works well. but others channels(ex 153, 157) are don't work.
When ac-only mode, 161 channel doesn't works.

And still can't flash factory-to-ddwrt.bin in stock firmware.
has this problem just me?

Thank you for your effort.

The same problem. This is a driver issue. I think the driver is failing to "tie up" all neighboring channels to work as one.
However, it's not that bad at this stage. Openwrt new driver doesn't work at all.
And the only way out of DD-WRT at this stage is TTL-to-Serial.

[And the only way out of DD-WRT at this stage is TTL-to-Serial.] Does the sentence means revert?
Can revert this way.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=38953
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=214405#p214405(PS part)
this way needs ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin(stock firmware) without bootloader partition.
errman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can try it. I never did, maybe will check later. But i think original file have to be dd if=orig.bin of=tplink.bin skip=257 bs=512 anyway.
But any cheap (1-2 USD) TTL-Serial will work easily. Plus it's an indispensable tool if you like ddwrt or other 3d party firmware:).
This guide is very useful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxVP7WGzH_A to understand what to do.
ckdalsdk12
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
errman wrote:
You can try it. I never did, maybe will check later. But i think original file have to be dd if=orig.bin of=tplink.bin skip=257 bs=512 anyway.
But any cheap (1-2 USD) TTL-Serial will work easily. Plus it's an indispensable tool if you like ddwrt or other 3d party firmware:).
This guide is very useful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxVP7WGzH_A to understand what to do.

and maybe, I think you misunderstand my writing. or I misunderstand.
[And still can't flash factory-to-ddwrt.bin in stock firmware.] this mean is not revert.
anyway, thank you for your kindness. :)
errman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry:). You mean you can't upgrade to ddwrt with the stock firmware installed?
ckdalsdk12
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes. So, I upgrade via openwrt.
errman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I don't know. This is the first release by ddwrt team for this router and something must be adjusted later. So, be patient:))
wwd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I can 't flash the Firmware on the archer c7. I get the error:
Code:
Error code: -1
Error occurred, please try again.

in the webinterface.
The same error with 06-23-2014-r24461 too.
andy740629
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now , Tp-Link Archer C7 working fine for 5G ?

I have atheros stock LSDK-10.2.x for ap135 board , and

QCA9558 / AR8327N / QCA9880 datasheet !

Laughing
wwd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I have flashed dd-wrt on two archer c7. It is not possible to connect the arcer c7 via ath1.
AP --> client-mode works not:
In /var/log/mesages:
Code:
Jan  1 00:01:24 test-ac kern.info kernel: [   93.310000] ath1: authenticate with 00:03:07:12:34:56
Jan  1 00:01:24 test-ac kern.info kernel: [   93.320000] ath1: failed to insert STA entry for the AP (error -22)

AP and Client have the same MAC-Adress. This is the problem? Is it possible to change the MAC-Adress for ath1?

wwd.
cesarbuzatto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
wwd wrote:
Hello,

Code:

in the webinterface.

I am having the same error with my new v2 router, any fix?
jonrob70
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 22:56    Post subject: Flashing - Answer to most questions Reply with quote
Hi all,

I decided to give dd-wrt a try on my C7 v2. I was able to successfully flash to dd-wrt and back to stock factory firmware. These are my steps:

**IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE FIRMWARE FLASHING GAME, I HIGHLY DISCOURAGE FOLLOWING THESE STEPS. PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

Flashing to DD-WRT from factory stock

1. RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
2. Flash the openwrt firmware like normal through the web interface. Obtain openwrt from here
3. After flashing, telnet into your router at 192.168.0.1 (some cases, it can be 192.168.1.1)
4. Install LUCI using the command "opkg update; opkg install luci" without the quotes
5. Run command "passwd root" without the quotes to set the root password.
6. Open your web browser to 192.168.0.1 (some cases, 192.168.1.1) and login using the root password you just set
7. Find firmware upgrade page (under system tab), and select factory-to-ddwrt.bin and uncheck Keep Settings
8. Flash image
9. Reboot the router after about 2 minutes (I'd wait more just to be safe!)
10. Open your browser to 192.168.1.1 and profit!

Flashing to factory stock from DD-WRT

1. Download stock firmware 131217 from here
2. Unzip the archive
3. (Assuming you are running on Linux/Mac) open terminal and cd to the directory where you extracted the firmware.
4. Run "dd if=ArcherC7v2_en_3_13_34_up_boot(131217).bin of=tplink.bin skip=257 bs=512" without the quotes, assuming you downloaded the linked firmware image. This should create a new file named "tplink.bin" THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR ROUTER
5. Upload the new tplink.bin to /tmp. Find a way to do it. I used a webserver and used wget to download the file into the /tmp folder. You can try using SSH since you're still on DD-WRT, but do not ask me how. Use Google for that.
6. In terminal, telnet 192.168.1.1
7. cd to /tmp
8. Run "mtd -r write tplink.bin linux" without the quotes. This process can take about 2 minutes, but may take up to 5. You'll see the command flashing between "e" and "w" As long as you see this, you're in good standing.
9. Your router will reboot when finished and you'll be at stock firmware. I would recommend doing a factory reset to be safe Smile

I followed these exact steps on my own Archer C7 V2 and all worked with success.
ckdalsdk12
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:41    Post subject: Re: Flashing - Answer to most questions Reply with quote
jonrob70 wrote:
Hi all,

I decided to give dd-wrt a try on my C7 v2. I was able to successfully flash to dd-wrt and back to stock factory firmware. These are my steps:

**IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE FIRMWARE FLASHING GAME, I HIGHLY DISCOURAGE FOLLOWING THESE STEPS. PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

2. Flash the openwrt firmware like normal through the web interface. Obtain openwrt from here
3. After flashing, telnet into your router at 192.168.0.1 (some cases, it can be 192.168.1.1)
4. Install LUCI using the command "opkg update; opkg install luci" without the quotes
6. Open your web browser to 192.168.0.1 (some cases, 192.168.1.1) and login using the root password you just set
7. Find firmware upgrade page (under system tab), and select factory-to-ddwrt.bin and uncheck Keep Settings
8. Flash image

2. Unzip the archive
3. (Assuming you are running on Linux/Mac) open terminal and cd to the directory where you extracted the firmware.
4. Run "dd if=ArcherC7v2_en_3_13_34_up_boot(131217).bin of=tplink.bin skip=257 bs=512" without the quotes, assuming you downloaded the linked firmware image. This should create a new file named "tplink.bin" THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR ROUTER
5. Upload the new tplink.bin to /tmp. Find a way to do it. I used a webserver and used wget to download the file into the /tmp folder. You can try using SSH since you're still on DD-WRT, but do not ask me how. Use Google for that.
7. cd to /tmp
8. Run "mtd -r write tplink.bin linux" without the quotes. This process can take about 2 minutes, but may take up to 5. You'll see the command flashing between "e" and "w" As long as you see this, you're in good standing.
9. Your router will reboot when finished and you'll be at stock firmware. I would recommend doing a factory reset to be safe Smile

I followed these exact steps on my own Archer C7 V2 and all worked with success.

In Windows, we can make Revert firmware use dd for windows
http://www.chrysocome.net/dd
It is also possible to use hex editor.
Cut the 131584 byte to decimal mode. Like image.

Good post. Thank you.

Last edited by ckdalsdk12 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:19; edited 1 time in total
jonrob70
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
cesarbuzatto wrote:
wwd wrote:
Hello,

Code:

in the webinterface.

I am having the same error with my new v2 router, any fix?

See my fix 2 posts above or here Very Happy

Happy flashing!

ckdalsdk12 wrote:

In Windows, we can make Revert firmware use dd for windows
http://www.chrysocome.net/dd
It is also possible to use hex editor.
Cut the 131584 byte to decimal mode.

Good post. Thank you.

Thanks for the info! I don't have a windows PC to test that with, but I'm sure it'll be helpful to those with Windows!
morrk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:54    Post subject: Re: Flashing - Answer to most questions Reply with quote
jonrob70 wrote:
Hi all,

8. Flash image

2. Unzip the archive
7. cd to /tmp

The dd modified bin file can also be used with the TFTP bootloader method. I had to use as I'd turned my C7 v2 into a semi brick during a DD-WRT restore and all LAN ports were dead unless the router was in bootloader mode.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 139, 140, 141  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 141
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: