GUI/Telnet becoming unresponsive on WRT54G v5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
EvilJolly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 17:20    Post subject: GUI/Telnet becoming unresponsive on WRT54G v5 Reply with quote
I've noticed, especially after running torrents or bandwidth intensive programs, that I am unable to access the GUI. It still happens sometimes even when I am not doing much of anything but web browsing. The big Cisco Systems light on the left is off. I am still able to access the internet, but port forwarding and other fuctions don't work. Wireless is up, the DHCP server is down. I can't access the GUI, and when I telnet it doesn't time out, but all I get is a cursor. As far as my configuration, I don't have it overclocked and the only thing I have changed from stock configuration is setting up wireless and forwarding a couple ports. Anyone else experiencing this or can offer any suggestions? I'm running v23 SP1 Micro.
Sponsor
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown
EvilJolly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome, thanks I'll give it a try. I had tried messing with the maximum ports but since I'm running a V5 I was always afraid memory would be an issue. I hadn't tried changing my timeout values though. Hopefully that will help. Thanks again. And yes, I did search the wiki, I just must not have done a very good job.
EvilJolly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
This did the trick, I've had no problems since changing my timeout values.

Is there a reason that these values haven't been set as defaults? I notice no performance decreases or problems in any other applications. Just curious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: