Optimum Wifi or Xfinity Hotspot Repeater?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
chrispbacon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:26    Post subject: Optimum Wifi or Xfinity Hotspot Repeater? Reply with quote
Is this possible? Has anyone done this?
Sponsor
BradfordGiosa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=175024

Any questions you can pm me.
larryb1963
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 19:07    Post subject: Re: Optimum Wifi or Xfinity Hotspot Repeater? Reply with quote
chrispbacon wrote:
Is this possible? Has anyone done this?

Yes Im using repeater mode on a buffalo wzr-300hp the opt,wifi is aprox 1/4 mile way and I repeat it with no issues. but you do need access to a opt, account in order for you to use there service . here in NY .
TPE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was very happy to see this post.did you have to do anything special to your buffalo wzr-300hp ?thanks so much
larryb1963
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 15:04    Post subject: update to my post Repeating cable/optimum wifi Reply with quote
I still repeat opt,wifi to my home I used several different routers in the past like Linksys netgear buffalo im now running a netgear wndr4000 dual band it is the fastest router so far and a purchased it used for $ 10.00 at a local thrift shop . there is no special settings other than finding a local signal with the highest rx power . I also have on my roof a yaga antenna with rg6 coax and a 2watt amp (ebay $ 18.00)and a antenna rotor. I use with my buffalo router to access distant open wifi when opt, goes down during storms . just keep in mind you need someone to register you router to be able to access there service as I use a friends account.I also use my cellphone on the same service.
Itsyaboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there anyway to set it to one optimum wifi specific? my router keeps jumping to different optimums in the area oddly it keeps selecting the slowest one, maybe by filtering it by the mac address any thoughts ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: