'Upgrade Are Failed' Message - Solved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
littlebuddie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 23:23    Post subject: 'Upgrade Are Failed' Message - Solved Reply with quote
I have tried several times to upgrade my WRT54GS V3 following these instructions http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54GS_v3.0 but continue to receive the "upgrade are failed" message. Firewall and anti-virus turned off. Browser cache cleared. Tried Internet Explorer as well as Firefox. Triple 30 resets all the way. Router pings good. Wired connection. Router is not bricked. After spending many hours researching this, I find nothing that has helped me. I have successfully flashed 3 WRT54G neute's in the past so I thought this unit would be easy compared to those units but not so. I am happy to receive any input that is offered. Many thanks

Last edited by littlebuddie on Thu Apr 24, 2014 18:01; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Double check your router version. Read the peacock announcement. Then follow the wiki.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
littlebuddie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Murrkf, I'll do that re-check tomorrow and report back. Smile
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you are flashing from stock, you need to use a trailed build for the 1st flash. use a BS k24 build with wrt54GS in the name..

like this one:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2010/12-24-10-r15962/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_mini_wrt54gs.bin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks barryware for your suggestion.I rechecked the Wiki for the WRT54GS V3 and the trailed build recommended (dd-wrt.v24_mini_wrt54gs.bin ) was incorrect, thus, no flash. I found the correct flash file (WRT54GS V3\dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin) and the flash was successful! Thank you all for your help!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: