lost connectivity isues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ericschevy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 19:02    Post subject: lost connectivity isues Reply with quote
Linksys wrt54g
firmware v24-sp2 micro
broadcom bcm5352

First off im not that tech savvy so assume I know nothing about this stuff.
My itouter is set up as a repeater, repeating a network that I do not have access to.
After a week of studies I finaly got it working. I am connecting my android phone and my wifi tv to this repeater and Its working good, I can stream Netflix movies with little to no problems as far as speeds and strength of signal goes but I am having a very frustrating issue with my phone and tv loosing connectivity with it. Sometimes they will automaticly reconect after just a few seconds and other times they don't. When they don't, sometimes the ssid is still being broadcast and other times its not. When it is being broadcast my devices refuse to connect and I have to reboot the router to get them to. I am totally confused and irritated with this. Will someone please help?
Sponsor
ericschevy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright this is my second post about this. Am I doing something wrong to not get answers or suggestions?
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 15:53    Post subject: Re: lost connectivity isues Reply with quote
ericschevy wrote:
Linksys wrt54g
firmware v24-sp2 micro
broadcom bcm5352

First off im not that tech savvy so assume I know nothing about this stuff.
My itouter is set up as a repeater, repeating a network that I do not have access to.
After a week of studies I finaly got it working. I am connecting my android phone and my wifi tv to this repeater and Its working good, I can stream Netflix movies with little to no problems as far as speeds and strength of signal goes but I am having a very frustrating issue with my phone and tv loosing connectivity with it. Sometimes they will automaticly reconect after just a few seconds and other times they don't. When they don't, sometimes the ssid is still being broadcast and other times its not. When it is being broadcast my devices refuse to connect and I have to reboot the router to get them to. I am totally confused and irritated with this. Will someone please help?

okay so you're repeating a network you dont have access to, not sure if anybody here would like to help in such a case.

anyway, if you're repeating a wpa2 protected network, i had issues with the internet disconnecting, because the host router had only a setting of aes+tkip, i replaced the host router with a different one that i can set aes on, and for months, no disconnections, but that was for a network i have access to, my network.

which build are you using? my repeater is running on 14929 as a repeater bridge and i face no issues (after fixing encryption to AES i mentioned earlier).
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
ericschevy wrote:
Linksys wrt54g
firmware v24-sp2 micro
broadcom bcm5352

ericschevy wrote:
Alright this is my second post about this. Am I doing something wrong to not get answers or suggestions?

ok.. I'll bite..

ericschevy wrote:
Linksys wrt54g

which wrt54g? There are a few from version 1.0 to version 8.2.

ericschevy wrote:
firmware v24-sp2 micro

Again.. which version exactly (build / svn number)

ericschevy wrote:
broadcom bcm5352

not needed if the hardware version is stated.

running svn 13064 perhaps?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build 14929. Are you telling me that the security type must match the source? Because the network I am repeating is an open one, so the the security for the physical is disabled. . I am only using wpa2 on my end (virtual). However, the only thing I havent tried was using the different types of security on my end. I didnt think it mattered or that it would work at all. One thing I just discovered today is that lowering the tx power below default decreased
the frequency that I have trouble. Like I had been yelling so loud that I couldnt be heard all the time.
ericschevy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its version 6. Not sure what svn is but the build is 14929
ericschevy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im not sure if it matters or not but I am also using 2 external high gain wifi antennas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: