YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Vishwa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Al,
Thanks for the update. I had uninstalled YAMon2 a few days ago for reasons unrelated to YAMon2. I basically wanted to get a partition on my USB on /opt and the other big partition in /jffs for samba/dlna purposes. I got that working yesterday and reinstalled YAMon2 and right away noticed that it said 2.04D(earlier it said 2.03). I saw some of the changes but it was midnight and I didn't carefully observe all the changes.

I must say it is looking better each time you post an update. Thanks. I got an error but it seems to be related to the fact that I havent' yet edited the users.js for the names of appliances I have. But, with my previous experience and your help, yesterday's installation only took me 2 minutes and everything started working.
ps: This time I didn't make those earlier changes but just the one on detanod to _detanod=0.
Sponsor
nitrocs
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

I have only a superficial understanding of the black art of iptables... do those udp rules perhaps hijack the data so that YAMon does not see it?

Al

Those are my UpNP rules for various network devices....i will run a few tests with VPN clients connected and will report back
Vishwa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
That would be great. If it can catch vpn traffic reliably, it would near perfect band width monitoring system.
Vishwa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Al, One other thing I noticed is that version 2.03 used to pick up the vpn traffic half the time. 2.04d absolutely doesn't (at least it hasn't in the last hour and a half). I am just writing this FYI.
Rapetou
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:56    Post subject: New devices discovery in users.file Reply with quote
Hi Al,

I installed the new version few weeks ago and with this new version I don't see the new devices in the "users.file" list. Could this be a misconfiguration on my side or this is a real bug? I use to edit this file and assign devices per user and change the MAC by a device name but, unfortunately, this does not work anymore...

2 majors issues (On my setup):

1- the new devices do not appear anymore in my users.file list
2- Existing unknown devices do not appear on the web page even if I edit the file.

Any clue?

Thanks
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 14:04    Post subject: Re: New devices discovery in users.file Reply with quote
Rapetou wrote:
Hi Al,

I installed the new version few weeks ago and with this new version I don't see the new devices in the "users.file" list. Could this be a misconfiguration on my side or this is a real bug? I use to edit this file and assign devices per user and change the MAC by a device name but, unfortunately, this does not work anymore...

2 majors issues (On my setup):

1- the new devices do not appear anymore in my users.file list
2- Existing unknown devices do not appear on the web page even if I edit the file.

Any clue?

Thanks

All of the user info is in `users.js` now, not `users.file`... please make sure that you edit the correct file.

(Hopefully it is as simple as that )
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,
Sorry I am very late to the Yamon but love what it represents.

I am running kongs latest dd-wrt on my netgear r7000.

I am wondering if this configuration of yamon is running by default in the ram or a mounted usb drive or somewhere else?
For me, running it strictly on the router (ram or usb)is ideal. I don't have a pc on 7x24 though I do have a sinology nas up 7x24.

Currently I am doing some google searching to minimize the obvious questions to those of you who have been doing this for a while.

Thank you
Mike

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
Hi guys,
Sorry I am very late to the Yamon but love what it represents.

I am running kongs latest dd-wrt on my netgear r7000.

I am wondering if this configuration of yamon is running by default in the ram or a mounted usb drive or somewhere else?
For me, running it strictly on the router (ram or usb)is ideal. I don't have a pc on 7x24 though I do have a sinology nas up 7x24.

Currently I am doing some google searching to minimize the obvious questions to those of you who have been doing this for a while.

Thank you
Mike

Mike - Welcome on board!

In short, everything lives on the router. The simplest configuration is a router with a USB port (and a mounted USB drive formatted ext2). The bash script runs in RAM and produces `permanent` data files which are stored on the USB drive (by default /opt or /mnt or equivalent). The script also copies all of the necessary report and data files to /tmp/www/ so that they can be viewed through the router's web server.

Some folks are using other locations for their permanent storage and the configuration file can be adapted to account for this.

I hope this helps!

Al
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Al,
thank you for the kind welcome.
I am going through your related Yamon thread for the previous version to see if I can glean any specifics that a newbie to yamon like me would need.

What I don't see (its probably there but I am missing it) is, assuming I get it configured/installed how do I see the pretty html pages you post?
Would that be by opening a browser to my routers ip & a specific higher port or does it become integrated into the dd-wrt interface of the router or accessed alternately?

Currently I have a usb drive in my r7000 which I use for a script based backup of the r7000 configurations.
I am wondering if I need to multi-partition this 1 thumb drive (it is a gig so probably enough space for lots of files) or is its current mount method sufficient to add yamon.
I also have a 2nd usb port & can use another thumb drive for it too.
So many questions when your new to something.
Smile

Thanks
Mike

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
Al,
thank you for the kind welcome.
I am going through your related Yamon thread for the previous version to see if I can glean any specifics that a newbie to yamon like me would need.

What I don't see (its probably there but I am missing it) is, assuming I get it configured/installed how do I see the pretty html pages you post?
Would that be by opening a browser to my routers ip & a specific higher port or does it become integrated into the dd-wrt interface of the router or accessed alternately?

Currently I have a usb drive in my r7000 which I use for a script based backup of the r7000 configurations.
I am wondering if I need to multi-partition this 1 thumb drive (it is a gig so probably enough space for lots of files) or is its current mount method sufficient to add yamon.
I also have a 2nd usb port & can use another thumb drive for it too.
So many questions when your new to something.
Smile

Thanks
Mike

Mike - you view there reports at 192.168.1.1/user/yamon2.html (for the v2 reports)... of course, that IP address will change if you've used a different default on your router.

I have almost a years worth of data now...
my YAMon directory is about 3MB (and that includes all of the data, logs, backups etc.... mind you, about once a month, I purge the logs and move the backups to an external drive.

The YAMon2 directory is larger ~70MB ATM (with the same data, logs, backups, etc). The V2 data files are larger than their V1 equivalents but the majority of that space is in the logs directory because I have the _logLevel set to 0 so those file get big fast. Somewhere back in the V1 thread I did some rough back of the napkin calculations on how much space things'll take... I should go back and find that to see if I was close to accurate.

Bottom line, if you've got a 1GB drive, you should have ample space. The only thing is that it should be formatted using `ext2` (otherwise you might get read-only file system error messages).

Al
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
All,
I see now where you have that linked in the read me documents.
Smile

I just downloaded winscp. I have never used that app before but am willing.
Following the directions, I see that you want to use that or a similar app to access the router.
I am unable to determine how to use winscp to access the router. The error coming back is actively listening for ftp but refused my connection.
I tried with root (and password) & admin (and password).

Here is what I believe is the pertinent info if you are willing to offer some advice.
r7000 - 192.168.2.1
telnet enabled
ssh disabled
2nd usb drive (formatted ext2) mounted as below screen shot.

Sorry for being such a noob at the command line of Linux but I am. Smile
Thank you in advance.
Mike

usb_mount.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  417.47 KB
 Viewed:  8849 Time(s)

usb_mount.jpg

tsdwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
Here is what I believe is the pertinent info if you are willing to offer some advice.
r7000 - 192.168.2.1
telnet enabled
ssh disabled

First you must enable ssh in order to transfer the files through WinSCP (user: root, not admin).
On WinSCP you must use SCP protocol, not FTP or SFTP.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
tsdwrt wrote:
slidermike wrote:
r7000 - 192.168.2.1
telnet enabled
ssh disabled

First you must enable ssh in order to transfer the files through WinSCP (user: root, not admin).
On WinSCP you must use SCP protocol, not FTP or SFTP.

@ tsdwrt - thanks!

@ Mike - rest assured that you are not the only one who's been tripped up by this. Almost exactly one year ago I started wrestling with DD-WRT, linux, etc. so, in truth, I'm not that far ahead of you. When time permits, I will update the installation guide with the WinSCP info to help other `noobs`.

Al
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
tsd,
thank you for that tip.
That got me into the router with winscp.

I am going to email Al because I cant seem to get the script to run for setup from the command line.
I am sure it is just my newbie-ness.

ewcrider
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
After running v1.0.17b for a few weeks, I decided to give v2.0.4d a try. Unfortunately, I ran into a couple of issues.
First, the website would load hourly data indefinitely. After investigating, it seemed the problem was the converted hourly data files. They do not contain the 3rd line, where the variable users_updated is set. I modified convert.sh to add that line in the files, reran it, and the website started to work. On a related note, the numerical data in the converted files is stored in quotes, while new information is not. For example, a converted line would be like ...,"down":"1160","up":"944",... whereas new lines are generated like ...,"down":1160,"up":944,.... This doesn't seem to be causing any issues.

Second, the live updates tab is giving me js errors. The alerts that appear on the site:
Code:
Error #5 reading the LiveUsage data file: `./js/live_data.js` SyntaxError: syntax error
Error #4 reading the LiveUsage data file: `./js/live_data.js` SyntaxError: missing ] after element list
Error #4 reading the LiveUsage data file: `./js/live_data.js` SyntaxError: unterminated string literal
Error #4 reading the LiveUsage data file: `./js/live_data.js` SyntaxError: syntax error
In the javascript console, the errors are:
Code:
ReferenceError: disk_utilization is not defined      yamon.js:693
TypeError: $(...).draggable is not a function        util.js:910
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: