YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 107, 108, 109  Next
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:
howard30 wrote:
YAMon 2.0.1.zip doesn't have Setup folder. Should we mkdir Setup and move strings and www into it, along all sh script files?

i did yes and just moved all files into it

NUTS!!!! I've replace the zip file so that the Setup folder is there now (no other changes to the coded contained in the archive though so I did not change the version number)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Al
Sponsor
pfuller88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 21:01    Post subject: Fresh install of 2.0.1 - no download data... Reply with quote
I just did a fresh install of YAMon2 -- removed original YAMon and all the files (including in tmp/www). The only old file I used was a converted user file now named users.js

All seems to work except the downloads column - shows all zeros. Uploads is working properly.

I looked in the new 2014-03-27-hourly_data.js file, all the lines show, for example:

.....,"down":0,"up":4162})
spirosbo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also made a fresh install.Maybe I have made mistakes in the configuration but I get no download readings either.

In yamon2.sh:
In 5 lines (332, 465, 475, 580, 680) I believe a space is needed between some quotes(") and the brackets(]) otherwise you get an error (sh: missing ]). Lines may differ from editor to editor. Searching "] will give the correct ones

I also have lots of errors sh: bad number which I believe is due to undeclared variables. Not sure why they don't get read from the config file. Declaring them in the beginning of the script seems to solve the problem.

In line
Code:

[ ! -f "$logfilename" ] && [ "$2" -ge "$_loglevel" ] && echo "$_ds $ts $2 $1

variable $_loglevel is null

In line
Code:

[ "$_enableLogging" -eq "1" ] && [ "$_log2file" -ne "1" ] && [ "$2" -ge "$_loglevel" ] && echo -e "$_ds $ts $pid $2 $1"

variables $_enableLogging, $_log2file, $_loglevel are null

In line
Code:

[ "$_detanod" -eq 1 ] && configtxt="$configtxt

variable $detanod is null

In line
Code:

[ "$inUnlimited" -eq "1" ] || [ "$hasUnlimited" -ne "0" ] && newentry="hu({\"mac\":\"$mac\",\"hour\":\"$rHour\",\"down\":$ndown,\"up\":$nup,\"ul_do\":$ndown,\"ul_up\":$nup})"

variable $hasUnlimited is null (not sure what the number should be)

Also in line
Code:

newentry="pnd(\{\"hour\":\"$rHour\",\"down\":$cpndDown,\"up\":$cpndUp,\"d_do\":$dpndDown,\"d_up\":$dpndUp\})"

those two extra backslashes (\), one in the beginning and one at the end, possibly give syntax errors when the file is read from the browser

Not sure if these remarks are correct, but I hope they are helpfull.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
spirosbo wrote:
I also made a fresh install.Maybe I have made mistakes in the configuration but I get no download readings either.

In yamon2.sh:
In 5 lines (332, 465, 475, 580, 680) I believe a space is needed between some quotes(") and the brackets(]) otherwise you get an error (sh: missing ]). Lines may differ from editor to editor. Searching "] will give the correct ones

I also have lots of errors sh: bad number which I believe is due to undeclared variables. Not sure why they don't get read from the config file. Declaring them in the beginning of the script seems to solve the problem.

Not sure if these remarks are correct, but I hope they are helpfull.

Oh good lord... to think that I once worked in QA (many years ago).

Thanks for bringing these gaffs to my attention... Your detailed description helps a lot! I've fixed the issues you've raised and v2.0.2 will be posted to the first message in this thread ASAP.

I'm really sorry for (and REALLY embarrassed by) this. But honest, things had been working properly on my machine! And my router does not complain about undeclared variables?!?

Al

I've update the zip file (yet again!)
Mizehra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like 2.0.2 is still not showing download values. Sad
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
snap. no download values, still same errors as before.
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mizehra wrote:
Looks like 2.0.2 is still not showing download values. Sad

same here..its never showed DL...Sad

also, after converting users.file, the colors dont work..the right colors were copied correctly..im using blue, red etc..not hexadecimal..

Mizehra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
It also might be worth noting that on my E2000 the banner doesn't show up, but on my (unstable, that's why I'm not using it) EA 6500v2, the banner shows up fine.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mizehra wrote:
It also might be worth noting that on my E2000 the banner doesn't show up, but on my (unstable, that's why I'm not using it) EA 6500v2, the banner shows up fine.

There is a sequencing issue in the app at the moment. Currently, the script presupposes that the banner strings are in the default installation directory location (`/opt/YAMon2/). If you have installed elsewhere, I do not know the real location until I've read your config.file (but try to display the banner and perhaps another message or two before that happens)...

A temporary fix is to change the default path in yamon2.sh:
e.g., change line ~40 so that it points to your installation directory:
Code:
d_baseDir="/opt/YAMon2/"

This is not an ideal solution because I'll clobber your changes every time I post an update.

In a little while (once I get the #$%^?! compatibility issues fixed) I will post an update in which I reorder things so the path to the banners is read properly from the config file.

Thanks for you patience!

Al
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi
any update for the missing download values?

cheers
andy
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:
hi

cheers
andy

I'm currently at my day job but I think I have something that'll work now. (Thanks to a bunch of folks who've been helping out with this)

I'll need to run it at home for a bit but hopefully will be able to get an update later this evening. Rather than posting it to everyone, I'm going to send it to a few selective folks...

Any volunteers? Is it safe to assume you want in, Andy?

Al
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
andyrav wrote:
hi

cheers
andy

I'm currently at my day job but I think I have something that'll work now. (Thanks to a bunch of folks who've been helping out with this)

I'll need to run it at home for a bit but hopefully will be able to get an update later this evening. Rather than posting it to everyone, I'm going to send it to a few selective folks...

Any volunteers? Is it safe to assume you want in, Andy?

Al
I will give it a go
spanman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
andyrav wrote:
hi

cheers
andy

Al

Thanks al for the work on version 2 of YAMon and all the hard work you are doing for us. I know you will sort out the downloads soon. Feel free to send me a copy to test.

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 14:23    Post subject: Version 2.0.4d is now available Reply with quote
It appears that I've finally resolved the downloads issue in the previous release(s) - See http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=887920#887920

Thank very much to Spanman, NiTrus, Andyrav and Mizehra for their testing, assistance, and advice.

Todd (tsaylor) if you're still following this, I should've heeded your advice several months ago to break the downloads & uploads in two data structures... Embarassed

Please note that a number of features in the reports still aren't working... - in particular:
- the daily tab only allows you to see data for the current day... the next/previous buttons are not working yet
- the monthly report only shows (partially complete) data for the current month.
- the montly breakdown report is not working at all yet

I will be working to get those features re-implelented ASAP.

As always, your feedback is appreciated!

Al
nitrocs
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
When upgrading to a new version, should all files (setup, www, etc) be deleted so that the new script can re-create or is leaving those put fine?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: