New build is out 23720 (BS) K2.6 and K3.X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zippy1970 wrote:
WAN speed (wired) has significantly dropped from ~110Mbps to ~70Mbps

That's a problem for K3.x builds in general, they are much slower than K26 builds (certainly slower than Kong K26 builds), at least if we speak of a single core processor running around 480 MHz. What is amazing is that the K3.x builds already include the tweaks which improved the speed of K26 builds, but they do not seem to help.

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

Sponsor
natasofcols
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
student975 wrote:
dd-wrt.v24-23720_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-WNDR4500.bin - WiFi dropouts take place in a degree making router using impossible. The issue doesn't depend on WiFi client (five different clients are in use) and on the mode in use (N, NG,..) as well as on the distance between client and router (in range from 2-3m directly to 7-8m across 1 or 2 walls). On the same place jnr3210 with original firmware works ideally without a single dropout during ages Smile

I'm running into the same issue. I don't see my connection showing as disconnected, but my network access will just stop working. I've tried various settings, but no luck getting it to maintain a wireless connection.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
natasofcols wrote:
student975 wrote:
dd-wrt.v24-23720_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-WNDR4500.bin - WiFi dropouts take place in a degree making router using impossible. The issue doesn't depend on WiFi client (five different clients are in use) and on the mode in use (N, NG,..) as well as on the distance between client and router (in range from 2-3m directly to 7-8m across 1 or 2 walls). On the same place jnr3210 with original firmware works ideally without a single dropout during ages Smile

I'm running into the same issue. I don't see my connection showing as disconnected, but my network access will just stop working. I've tried various settings, but no luck getting it to maintain a wireless connection.

This is a known problem in BS builds, should be resolved in builds after 23725 which include newer drivers, but some people are affected by random reboots when using builds with the new driver.

Right now only my builds with old driver work without any problems on the new AC units.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
natasofcols wrote:
student975 wrote:

This is a known problem in BS builds, should be resolved in builds after 23725 which include newer drivers, but some people are affected by random reboots when using builds with the new driver.

Right now only my builds with old driver work without any problems on the new AC units.

Thanks for the info. I had looked at your build originally and ended up with a different one for some reason. I put your latest on there and wireless is working great. Thanks again.
newnews
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 17:44    Post subject: WIFI radio does not work on E1000 Reply with quote
Loaded K26 23720 on e1000 router, wifi radio stays off even though the status says radio is on. No radio LED, cannot see any wifi signals from laptop.

My E2000 and E3000 shows NVRAM 64K after dd-wrt.v24-21605_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-nv60k.bin loaded, and then shows 256k after dd-wrt.v24-23720_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega.bin. Is it normal?
goRt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, been running this for the past week on my n16 (big build) and it is quite stable until one loads up the network throughput, then it reboots about every 8-9 hours

Back to 22118.

Thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: