E1500 Management Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
snooter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 18:14    Post subject: E1500 Management Mode Reply with quote
Problem: E1500 router has blinking power LED, stuck in "Firmware Upgrade Management Mode" in the webGUI. Selecting "Cancel" in the upgrade screen attempts to go back to the main webGUI page but it then times out and the router goes right back to the firmware upgrade page.

Cause of problem: Unscrewed the wrong fuse, section of the house where router was plugged into lost power

Steps attempted to fix router: I read Peacock Step 6
I do 30/30/30 before and after every attempt

I have ping -t running constantly

I can connect to 192.168.1.1 through the browser, and I can ping with TTL=100

Attempted to flash stock E1500 firmware and dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1500 through the firmware upgrade webGUI page. I have let it sit on the page for a half hour and it is an endless "Connecting..." Doing 30/30/30 before and after have no effect

Attempted to flash stock E1500 firmware and dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1500 through TFTP as soon as the first ping response begins. TFTP never successfully connects.

Since I can access the router through my browser it has to be only semi-bricked, correct? So I should not need a jtag cable, but I am lost as to why TFTP does not work and the web upgrade never successfully finishes.
Sponsor
snooter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump....
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
flash the stock firmware via management mode, not tftp.

tftp will not work when management mode is running.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ran into this once before with my E1500. After a few tries, I was able to upload the stock firmware. I believe the trick was to assign a static IP to your PC before it will work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: