TL-WR841N(D) v8 - Worldwide version - Fundraiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
kitus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:27    Post subject: poor wifi performance Reply with quote
Hello there,

I've successfully flashed dd-wrt on my WR841N. I'm experiencing poor wifi performance with it... Unfortunatelly I can't guarantee that the stock device performed correctly though, as it did not occurred to me to pay special attention to this back when it had not been yet flashed.

Anybody else can confirm this? Has anybody run iperf test of some sort with it?

Out of this poor performance, I'm starting to consider the ASUS 66U or AC68U.

thanks a lot in advance,
Sponsor
norbert79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey there!

I have successfully installed the firmware to a TL-WR841N Ver8.4 device, sadly I am first of all unable to increase the output TX power (it is fixed to 18 while I modified it to 70) and I am unable to make my devices (all N capable) to use Type N network instead of G.

Any ideas? I use "NG Mixed" but "N only" makes all my devices drop the Wifi connection and none of them can connect to the router anymore.

I have tried many settings, but I am just clueless. Any hints or ideas are welcomed!

Regards:
norbert79
deviluper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 13:03    Post subject: I have a question Reply with quote
hey,
I am a complete noob to ddwrt

I am in search of
1-"Can i put my 841n router mode in monitor mode ? AND Can it be used with Aircrack-ng (which requires the wireless to be in monitor mode)?"

I known that the wireless usb adapter can be put to monitor mode using Aircrack-ng ! but i dont have any usb wireless adapter!
so i was wondering if i could use my home router as a wireless adapter that to in monitor mode !

ALSO, the new Pineapple Mark 5 which is a pentest hardware tool, uses AR9331 chipset and it out of the box supports monitor mode and aircrack-ng . SO i thought that somehow we could also make the N841 router work as a wireless adapter and make it work in monitor mode which is the requirement for different pen test tools

If YES then How can i accomplish/do it ?
please help me

"EVEN LITTLE INFORMATION CAN BE VERY VALUABLE"
thanks in advance
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:46    Post subject: Re: poor wifi performance Reply with quote
kitus wrote:
Hello there,

I've successfully flashed dd-wrt on my WR841N. I'm experiencing poor wifi performance with it... Unfortunatelly I can't guarantee that the stock device performed correctly though, as it did not occurred to me to pay special attention to this back when it had not been yet flashed.

Anybody else can confirm this? Has anybody run iperf test of some sort with it?

Out of this poor performance, I'm starting to consider the ASUS 66U or AC68U.

thanks a lot in advance,

norbert79 wrote:
Hey there!

I have successfully installed the firmware to a TL-WR841N Ver8.4 device, sadly I am first of all unable to increase the output TX power (it is fixed to 18 while I modified it to 70) and I am unable to make my devices (all N capable) to use Type N network instead of G.

Any ideas? I use "NG Mixed" but "N only" makes all my devices drop the Wifi connection and none of them can connect to the router anymore.

I have tried many settings, but I am just clueless. Any hints or ideas are welcomed!

Regards:
norbert79

Basic Settings:
Wireless Network Mode - (NG-Mixed)
Channel Width - (Turbo (40 Mhz))
Wireless Channel - (1, 6, or 11)

Wireless Security:
Security Mode - (WPA2 Personal)
WPA Algorithms - (AES)

with these settings you should be able to have connection at 144Mbps

I have a v8 device, and have yet to connect any faster than 144Mbps. Using TKIP vs AES did not allow me to connect at 802.11n, as AES is required to support anything faster than 54Mbps.
SoWhat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 20:33    Post subject: flashed firmware from version 3.x to my WR841N v8.4 Reply with quote
Hi!

I had problems with connecting to wifi so I decided to change firmware. I had this one tplink_tl-wr841ndv8 and I fashed tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin from v3.x and now my LAN ports are dead. Feels like router reboots all the time. No Wifi is also available.

Is there a method to reflash it without opening up?
drdedus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
is it possible to have SNMP in 841N v8.4 ?
in "services" i can not find it
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
drdedus wrote:
is it possible to have SNMP in 841N v8.4 ?
in "services" i can not find it

It is not possible to add anything to a cheap entry-level router which only has 4MB of flash.
DDWRTNewbieReally
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
here are the news. simply flash the attached image to your WR841ND v8.x

Hi, All

In the past I've successfully flashed WRT54GL - now it running TOMATO fine & stable for 3-4 years now.

I need more speed for my living room so....

I go purchased WR841ND V8.2 yesterday, English Menu. Play some, looks ok but not enough - esp. for someone who did flash successfully in the past. And decide to try new firmware.

I've spent one full day read through *WRT and then start my first attempt with BrainSlayer file posted on " Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:24" on Page5 of this thread looks so well while flashing over Stock WebGUI, but after reboot it bricked.

Only Power LED is steady green now, no blinking at all.

After i felt sorry to myself, I read on until end of this thread (2 more hours)
but can't find how to unbricked that. Quite sorry, if it cost me $60 for learning.

What I don't understand is why mine is failed and many got success with that, I don't think I choose the wrong BIN file (even it not the lastest)

Any help (without open and soldering things) would be very appreciate.
demon82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I go purchased WR841ND V8.2 yesterday, English Menu. Play some, looks ok but not enough - esp. for someone who did flash successfully in the past. And decide to try new firmware.

Thank you for your post. I have also a new v8.2 and now I think I won't flash after reading your post Wink I wanted to put DD-WRT just for fun. I don't necessarily need it for my porpuse. Although it'd be great to have a 5 port access point.

However, there are several methods to unbrick your router. You should try out tftp method. It helped me once with a bricked router.

LOM wrote:
You can flash the stock firmware via tftp, the routers ip will be 192.168.1.10 and your computer should be set to a fixed ip of 192.168.1.169.

You have to break into the boot loader before "Autobooting in 1 seconds" by typing tpl in your serial console, which will give you an U-Boot prompt.

The U-Boot command for starting the tftp transfer is Tftpboot.

SOURCE

And as always: Google is your friend Smile
Good luck.
SoWhat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am trying to set my router as OpenVPN client, but OpenVPN sections are missing from my DD-WRT web interface.

It should look like this but there is only PPTP.

Is there a way to set up my WR841ND as a OpenVPN client?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
SoWhat wrote:
I am trying to set my router as OpenVPN client, but OpenVPN sections are missing from my DD-WRT web interface.

Is there a way to set up my WR841ND as a OpenVPN client?

No room for OpenVPN in routers with only 4MB flash.
satand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi,

i have a 841nd v8.2 with latest dd-wrt build.

when i choose "n-only" in wireless settings, the wifi doesn't work anymore.

n-g-mixed works but in g-mode only.
guajojo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there a mini version for this router? i need jffs to add custom iptables rules, but i understant this router has no room for it. Or is there a tutorial on how to strip languages, skin or other features to make room for jffs?
pigimakos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
here are the news. simply flash the attached image to your WR841ND v8.x

@BrainSlayer
i have used this file to update my TL-WR841ND V.8.2 but i think i bricked my router ...

Flash was done via tplink original webmenu but cannot log in in the 192.168.1.1

i inserted 192.168.1.2 ip on my pc in order to be in the same lan but cannot connect to router...also only 1 led bling which is the power on

did i do something wrong ? what can i do if i bricked it or not ? also ping doesnt work..no respoense
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got a question to LOM: Is it always possible to bad flash restore with serial interface after dd-wrt brick or somehow I can permanently delete the bootloader ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 19 of 22
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: