Windows XP Can't Connect to WLAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
pipcorona
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 21:28    Post subject: Windows XP Can't Connect to WLAN Reply with quote
I have just recently set up my router with the DD-WRT firmware. When my roommate that has Windows XP came back to the house he couldn't connect. He get's an error that says "Windows is unable to be connected to the selected network, the network may no longer be in range." Just to be sure, I went back through the install procedures of the firmware and started over from scratch, but it does the same thing. My other roommate and I, who have Macs, have no problem connecting. Although, when I switch to Windows on my Mac (I have an Intel Mac) I do get the same error that my roommate gets. I have the WRT54G ver 2.2. and DD-WRT v23 SP1 Final (05/16/06). My roommates Windows XP has all the current updates and he has the Intel Pro Wireless 2915 a/b/g.
Sponsor
HWS
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 21:37    Post subject: Re: Windows XP Can't Connect to WLAN Reply with quote
pipcorona wrote:
My roommates Windows XP has all the current updates.
except KB893357, this update comes not automatically with windows update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: