Netgear R7000

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 269, 270, 271  Next
Author Message
BartDG
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Jan 2014
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I've just got myself an R7000 and after playing with the stock firmware a bit, I decided to put DD-WRT on it. Now, I've been using a D-Link DIR-655 router for the past 7 years, much to my satisfaction I must say. But that router was not supported by DD-WRT, which means I have ZERO experience with it.

That said, flashing went without a problem. First the initial .CHK flash, then version r23430. All worked out fine, and I was happy (and relieved Smile )

But then I found out that the DD-WRT webinterface was slooow. Painfully slow. I mean, like more than a 30-seconds wait every time I click on something kind of slow. It's that slow that I cannot imagine this is normal behaviour, after all, this is a 1Ghz dual core CPU router... I started by checking out every option available (just looking, not setting anything), and that alone took me more than an hour because the screen buildup was so slow.

What could be causing this? I tried accessing the R7000 via two different PC's and the result is the same, so I doubt it's the NIC or something. Can this be remedied?

Thanks!
Sponsor
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User


Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:06    Post subject: Re: transmission 2.82 Reply with quote
tibismart wrote:
I installed the transmission 2.71 to r7000 (with kong newest) firmware, but it's not upload. How can i install the newest transmission 2.82 to kong firmware.
It is not in the opkg (omap4) repository..Can anybody help me?


I hate to sound newbie, but Transmision 2.82? Confused
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User


Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
BartDG wrote:
Hi,

I've just got myself an R7000 and after playing with the stock firmware a bit, I decided to put DD-WRT on it. Now, I've been using a D-Link DIR-655 router for the past 7 years, much to my satisfaction I must say. But that router was not supported by DD-WRT, which means I have ZERO experience with it.

That said, flashing went without a problem. First the initial .CHK flash, then version r23430. All worked out fine, and I was happy (and relieved Smile )

But then I found out that the DD-WRT webinterface was slooow. Painfully slow. I mean, like more than a 30-seconds wait every time I click on something kind of slow. It's that slow that I cannot imagine this is normal behaviour, after all, this is a 1Ghz dual core CPU router... I started by checking out every option available (just looking, not setting anything), and that alone took me more than an hour because the screen buildup was so slow.

What could be causing this? I tried accessing the R7000 via two different PC's and the result is the same, so I doubt it's the NIC or something. Can this be remedied?

Thanks!


You might want to try a different browser. I know Firefox was slow for me years back.
BartDG
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Jan 2014
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, what would you recommend then, IE or Chrome?
tibismart
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Dec 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:02    Post subject: Re: transmission 2.82 Reply with quote
KALIROB2K6 wrote:
tibismart wrote:
I installed the transmission 2.71 to r7000 (with kong newest) firmware, but it's not upload. How can i install the newest transmission 2.82 to kong firmware.
It is not in the opkg (omap4) repository..Can anybody help me?


I hate to sound newbie, but Transmision 2.82? Confused


i used to Brainslayer's firmware which contains Transmission 2.82 and torrent upload was ok.
Can you help me?
ColdRain
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 26 Jan 2014
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 14:57    Post subject: Re: privoxy custom config Reply with quote
magick777 wrote:
ColdRain wrote:
ColdRain wrote:
please, can anyone guide me on specific iptables command to use privoxy only for certain mac address? Basically, I only want to use one machine (google tv, with no editable proxy settings Sad ) with privoxy.


anyone? I feel lost with iptables prerouting with mac addresses.


Haven't done this myself, but based on the the default entry for forwarding everything to Privoxy, you could try something like this:

a) setup privoxy in transparent mode
b) leave the default forwarding rule in place
c) override it for everything but the desired MAC

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -m mac --mac-source ! AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF -p tcp --dport 80 -j RETURN

which means insert this rule at start of PREROUTING (before our send-to-privoxy rule), and if it's tcp to port 80 and mac != target then return whence we came, i.e. don't process the DNAT to privoxy. Obviously you could also delete the autocreated rule and add something more specific, but this should let you leave things configures as they are and work around it in iptables.

Big disclaimer: this should work, but I've never used it to this purpose.


Magick777, thanks for your help. I tried your iptables settings, but it didn't seem to work.

are you saying, make transparent mode = enabled, and also add above to custom configuration, but change AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF to mac of my device which needs privoxy. is that correct?
bryanu
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Jan 2014
Posts: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 15:23    Post subject: Re: New Netgear Beta Firmware Reply with quote
Chode wrote:
Here's a new Beta Firmware from Netgear. I found this on another Forum. The guy that posted says new Public Firmware due to roll out late Feb.

R7000-V1.0.2.241_1.0.17

I'm sticking with Kong's, but I know some folks like to experiment.


They are well past the 1.0.2 branch though.

I am on R7000-V1.0.3.12_1.1.18.chk that they just made a few days ago.

It's claimed to resolve the degradation issues so I expect the final one to be in the 1.0.3 branch...
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 278
Location: North America

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
@<Kong>

Thanks for the new 23430M firmware. I've installed Transmission 2.82 (14160) and Nano 2.2.6 from the http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/imx6/packages repository.

- Magnetron1.1
tibismart
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Dec 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 19:18    Post subject: thx Reply with quote
Thank You Kong and Magnetron1.1!
I have successfully installed transmission from this repository:
http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/imx6/packages

Magnetron1.1 wrote:
@<Kong>

Thanks for the new 23430M firmware. I've installed Transmission 2.82 (14160) and Nano 2.2.6 from the http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/imx6/packages repository.

- Magnetron1.1
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 4339
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great imx6 is compiled with march armv7.

Builds >23453 will use openwrt packages, as it also contains opkg, thus one can use ipkg to pull in opkg, then continue wirth opkg.

_________________
KONG PB's: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/
KONG Info: http://tips.desipro.de/
XenonKilla
DD-WRT User


Joined: 25 Sep 2009
Posts: 111

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
KALIROB2K6 wrote:
BartDG wrote:
Hi,

I've just got myself an R7000 and after playing with the stock firmware a bit, I decided to put DD-WRT on it. Now, I've been using a D-Link DIR-655 router for the past 7 years, much to my satisfaction I must say. But that router was not supported by DD-WRT, which means I have ZERO experience with it.

That said, flashing went without a problem. First the initial .CHK flash, then version r23430. All worked out fine, and I was happy (and relieved Smile )

But then I found out that the DD-WRT webinterface was slooow. Painfully slow. I mean, like more than a 30-seconds wait every time I click on something kind of slow. It's that slow that I cannot imagine this is normal behaviour, after all, this is a 1Ghz dual core CPU router... I started by checking out every option available (just looking, not setting anything), and that alone took me more than an hour because the screen buildup was so slow.

What could be causing this? I tried accessing the R7000 via two different PC's and the result is the same, so I doubt it's the NIC or something. Can this be remedied?

Thanks!


You might want to try a different browser. I know Firefox was slow for me years back.


Firefox is definitely NOT your problem. That's all I use and it works just fine with DD-WRT. I would suggest clearing your browser cache. Are you connecting via Wireless or Wired connection? If Wireless then try connecting via Wired and see if that fixes the issue.
benzo
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Jan 2014
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've followed the guide here:
http://tips.desipro.de/2013/12/06/guest-wifi-setup-dd-wrt/

But my guest wireless clients don't get Internet access. Ping and DNS works, but not browsing. Guests also cannot access other internal/LAN hosts, or the router (but this is desirable).

My device is an R7000, running 23430M.

I tried the 'bridge' method first, and although I think I completely removed the settings in the GUI I wonder if there may be some lurking firewall rules which are causing my issues.

Any advice?
benzo
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Jan 2014
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
benzo wrote:
I've followed the guide here:
http://tips.desipro.de/2013/12/06/guest-wifi-setup-dd-wrt/

But my guest wireless clients don't get Internet access. Ping and DNS works, but not browsing. Guests also cannot access other internal/LAN hosts, or the router (but this is desirable).

My device is an R7000, running 23430M.

I tried the 'bridge' method first, and although I think I completely removed the settings in the GUI I wonder if there may be some lurking firewall rules which are causing my issues.

Any advice?


After some more testing, it's even stranger - *some* websites work from the guest network, most others don't. Working websites are apple.com and google.com. Facebook.com and dd-wrt.com don't work.

Clients in my other wireless network and on wired connections can access any website.

Really confused now!
Confused
mito
DD-WRT User


Joined: 24 Oct 2009
Posts: 319
Location: Buenos Aires-Argentina, End of World and new Pope's home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ Benzo, to satrt with, do a Reset to Factory Defaults put your new user & pass, and follow the steps one by one at http://tips.desipro.de/2013/12/06/guest-wifi-setup-dd-wrt/ it is very strait forward and works just fine.
_________________
R7000 testing XVortex/Merlin's firm as AP @ home, VOIP, wifi printer, Roku 3 & 8 clients, Guest wifi, 2 wifi cameras, USB storage. Great firm. No more 1400 oveclocked, no need.

RT-N16 on VicTek's Raf Beta 9014-v1.3d. repeater @ Condominium pool side, a lot of clients messing arround.
wrt600n on wrt610n firm 16214 @ warehouse for 22 colleagues as wifi client @ 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz just for me.
wrt54gl on Eko's @ warehose as repeater for 22 coleagues as wifi client
wrt350n oldie 2007, 5 years bricked, recovered from dead & modded with antennas and new agn radio now incredible "NA mixed" on Brainslayer's , repeater at my garage, modding as hobby (picture)
All at service.

Kong said: Yeah that stupid 30/30/30. I already said it multiple times on newer units build in the last 2 years this is not the way to do it Smile
csbvpx
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Jun 2006
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
benzo, make sure you have configured a different subnet for wl0.1 and wl1.1 (this should be different from your main network also) on the 'Wireless' page. Goto setup->networking and make sure that the multiple dhcp servers reflect the different subnets and hit 'apply settings' one more time. It should all work properly.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 269, 270, 271  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 85 of 271
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum