Best Wireless N (Single Band 2.4GHz only) Gigabit router?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
evox2008
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:55    Post subject: Best Wireless N (Single Band 2.4GHz only) Gigabit router? Reply with quote
Hello everyone once again.

I am game for a new router - however, I don't need dual band (none of my wireless devices support 5ghz - 3 laptops, 2 netbooks, 3 android tablets, 2 android phones, 2 android "media players" for TVs, etc)

So, I have the sb6141 modem (comcast), and last time I tried to connect that to a 100mbps router, my internet speeds dropped radically!

In need of a dd-wrt compatible router with gigabit ports and 2.4GHz Wireless N (300mbps or maybe 450mbps?)

Thanks for your input!
Sponsor
Malitiacurt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
RT-N16.

RT-N66U for more features.

Imo don't go for AC yet as the MIPS routers are badly throttled by lack of cpu power and the firmware for ARM routers is still progressing.
evox2008
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malitiacurt wrote:
RT-N16.

RT-N66U for more features.

Imo don't go for AC yet as the MIPS routers are badly throttled by lack of cpu power and the firmware for ARM routers is still progressing.

Don't need dual-band

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 23:35    Post subject: Re: Best Wireless N (Single Band 2.4GHz only) Gigabit router Reply with quote
evox2008 wrote:
Hello everyone once again.

I am game for a new router - however, I don't need dual band (none of my wireless devices support 5ghz - 3 laptops, 2 netbooks, 3 android tablets, 2 android phones, 2 android "media players" for TVs, etc)

So, I have the sb6141 modem (comcast), and last time I tried to connect that to a 100mbps router, my internet speeds dropped radically!

In need of a dd-wrt compatible router with gigabit ports and 2.4GHz Wireless N (300mbps or maybe 450mbps?)

Thanks for your input!

RT-N16 has gigabit ports, a huge amount of flash and a big size of RAM and has 2.4GHz only. It's worth the buy!
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
evox2008 wrote:
Don't need dual-band

im sorry, but almost every new medium and high performance router out on the market right now comes with dual band as a standard. dont worry, its not going to hurt your network if you just leave it sit there. you can actually disable it in dd-wrt if you like.

i too would also suggest the RT-n16 since its such a cute little router that can do amazing things but i somehow feel the netgear r6250 (running kongs dd-wrt builds) would do very well for your network. i actually have the r6250 myself. really kicks the tar out of brainslayers "stable" and "experimental" builds (sorry man but atm its true)

WDS AP - R7800
WDS STATION - R7500V2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: