Bricked linksys e2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Arafel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 21:37    Post subject: Bricked linksys e2000 Reply with quote
I have a linksys e2000 which failed a firmware update. It will respond to a ping with a til=100 for a few seconds after a power up like the Peacock thread mentioned for a tftp flash. I have been able to send a firmware file several times with tftp (initial ddwrt as well as stock) and waited up to an hour. It still doesn't seem to respond.

Here is what I get from tftp:
tftp - i 192.168.1.1 put FW_E2000_1.0.04.007_US_20101201_code.bin
Transfer Successful: 5444608 bytes in 26 second(s), 209408 bytes/s

If I send a file the router will continually respond to a ping with til=100 until I power cycle or hard reset. Then the few second window of being able to ping. Any ideas why the tftp flash isn't working?
Sponsor
Malitiacurt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm guessing you bricked it with one of the 23xxx+ K2.6 builds?

Need to use serial to recover it.

Quote:
...6with a bricked router the TFTP-restore operation cannot be started automatically, so a serial cable is necessary for sending the appropriate TFTP-restore commands...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: