Linksys Cisco EA2700 Serial Dump/CFE ect ect.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
tinbilly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
tinbilly wrote:
Many thanks BrainSlayer & the team.

Please could you advise in details how to set-up EA2700, with dd-wrt firmware, in PPPoE mode.

My system is as follows:

DSL >> Linksys WAG200G (ip: 192.168.2.1) >> EA2700

I already set-up my WAG200G in bridge mode and disable DHCP Server on WAG200G.

In dd-wrt, I have tried the following settings:

1. WAN connection type: PPPoE with DSL provider's username and password
2. Router IP:
- Local IP Address: 192.168.2.1
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Gateway: 0.0.0.0 (I left it untouched)
- Local DNS: 0.0.0.0 (I left it untouched)

3. Network Address Server Settings (DHCP)
- DHCP Type: DHCP Server
- DHCP Server: Enable
- Start IP Address: 192.168.2.
- Maximum DHCP Users: 10

But I could not connect to the internet, although tried many times with hard reset. Even worse, I could not access to dd-wrt using the new 192.168.2.1. Finally I gave up.

Any advise/suggestion? Many thanks!

Please could anyone advise how to set-up PPPoE in dd-wrt on EA2700 which is behind a modem running in bridge mode? Many thanks!
Sponsor
rayl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
tinbilly wrote:
nolimitz wrote:
Elbard wrote:
Hi everyone!

I flashed to BrainSlayer build, everything was good.
But 'status' saying that cpu clock is 200.
I did 30/30/30 . But it restored the linksys firmware.
I flashed again, then gone to Administration -> Factory Defaults -> Yes -> Apply.
After that cpu clock was still 200.

What should i do?

do a 30-30-30 reset, check your cpu clock in status tab, it should be 480.

if you do anything in the administration tab, it will set your cpu clock to 200. even the reboot from admin tab caused to set my cpu @ 200. so for now i reboot from telnet.

there is a new build from BS, hopefully he fixed cpu clock of EA2700, i did not test it yet as i have no means of recovery and will wait the confirmation of someone who can test and recover if things go wrong.

Just upgraded to new build, 23194. CPU clock: 480. Everything works fine.

Did you try change something administration setting?
rydeordie99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
CPU frequency still goes back to 200mhz when changing something in the administration menu. This is with the latest build 23194
cscash241
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is a good tx power for this router? I have mine set on 1/2 watt (500mw)
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 21:08    Post subject: Kicked out Reply with quote
It seems like I kicked myself out and I can't seem to log on my router anymore ... I played with vlans and I think I messed it so much that I can't access it.

Are there any way, other than jtag (Which I have no idea how that works, nor do I have the jtag hardware), to clear some nvram entry to revert to a default install ?

Any firmware I can upload to reset nvram on boot and bring a basic interface with default config so then I can upload the real tx ile and reset my router ?

Any other mean I can use to make things go back to default ?
cscash241
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 21:10    Post subject: Re: Kicked out Reply with quote
darkrift wrote:
It seems like I kicked myself out and I can't seem to log on my router anymore ... I played with vlans and I think I messed it so much that I can't access it.

Are there any way, other than jtag (Which I have no idea how that works, nor do I have the jtag hardware), to clear some nvram entry to revert to a default install ?

Any firmware I can upload to reset nvram on boot and bring a basic interface with default config so then I can upload the real tx ile and reset my router ?

A 30/30/30 reset should fix this. Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, unplug it for 30 seconds, and finally plug it back in a hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 21:34    Post subject: Re: Kicked out Reply with quote
cscash241 wrote:
darkrift wrote:

A 30/30/30 reset should fix this. Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, unplug it for 30 seconds, and finally plug it back in a hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.

That only revert to the linksys smart wifi firmware. When I upload the trx for dd-wrt again, the nvram is still the old one. Did this process a few times and that's what I observed.
roelj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
My router rebooted after I changed some settings and clicked "Apply". It booted into the old Linksys firmware as well.

I reflashed dd-wrt on it and restored a backup of the nvram I made using the dd-wrt web interface. The router rebooted again and once again it booted the old linksys firmware.

Does this mean the nvram backup I made is a backup of the old Linksys firmware?
cscash241
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 22:02    Post subject: Re: Kicked out Reply with quote
darkrift wrote:
cscash241 wrote:
darkrift wrote:

That only revert to the linksys smart wifi firmware. When I upload the trx for dd-wrt again, the nvram is still the old one. Did this process a few times and that's what I observed.

Did you press the RESET button or the refresh/reboot button? the reset button is on the bottom of the unit, the reboot button is on the back to the left of the power plug.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 22:39    Post subject: Re: Kicked out Reply with quote
cscash241 wrote:
darkrift wrote:
cscash241 wrote:
darkrift wrote:

Did you press the RESET button or the refresh/reboot button? the reset button is on the bottom of the unit, the reboot button is on the back to the left of the power plug.

The reset button under the unit where you need a small pen to press it because it is not accessible otherwise.
cscash241
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't have telnet or hardware serial(ttl) access do you?
mtd erase nvram
reboot

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had problems with my router just spontaneously reverting to the linksys firmware.

As it is right now, I can't even get the router to take dd-wrt anymore. 30/30/30, reflash linksys firmware, 30/30/30, flash dd-wrt, 30/30/30 and it still has the linksys firmware :/

Where the heck does the router keep getting this phantom copy of the linksys firmware?
tinbilly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
iamzombie wrote:
I've had problems with my router just spontaneously reverting to the linksys firmware.

As it is right now, I can't even get the router to take dd-wrt anymore. 30/30/30, reflash linksys firmware, 30/30/30, flash dd-wrt, 30/30/30 and it still has the linksys firmware :/

Where the heck does the router keep getting this phantom copy of the linksys firmware?

Try a telnet then run these commands:

1. erase nvram
then
2. reboot
Kubanoba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flash my e2700 with the last FW and here are the results.

Any idea when going to be 5ghz wireless ready? I offer as beta tester.

Thanks for the effort!

router2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.77 KB
 Viewed:  16034 Time(s)

router2.jpg

router1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.76 KB
 Viewed:  16034 Time(s)

router1.jpg

Malitiacurt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
5ghz never.

Fractal wrote:
Also was wondering if it would be possible to compile USB AP support to support the 5ghz radio on the e2500/e3200/ and ea2700

BrainSlayer wrote:
nope i will not support these shitty usb implemenations. no station support possible and i also have not any access to the full drivers. just some parts. these device may rest in peace in a dumphole of shit

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=824666
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 32
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: