NetGear WNR1000v2 Request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
NickShook
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok. Sorry for my ignorance to this issue.

Are there any other alternative WRT solutions for this router?
I have been googling all day and have not found anythung
Sponsor
ChairmanSaab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
NickShook wrote:
ok. Sorry for my ignorance to this issue.

Are there any other alternative WRT solutions for this router?
I have been googling all day and have not found anythung

I want it badly !
I got telnet access and it seems like based on Openwrt ( is netgear genie based on openwrt or what? )
I don't know if I would be able to make my WNR1000V2 as wireless repeater through telnet?
Keep revvin' the thread.
dazbo1987
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 13:57    Post subject: donation Reply with quote
i know its an old request but i recommended this router to a family member and after a month she complained of wifi drop outs. so i checked it out and it was due to there being no antenna so very low reception round her house.

Long story short i bought her a dlink dir-615d4 and she loves it. So she gave me this sack of Very Happy

It's retail bought from PCworld UK.

Sticker says N150 WNR1000 V3

Who do i donate it too as i only use dlinks myself so have absolutely no use for this and will probably throw it in the bin.

cheers

EDIT: i just registered to post this btw, but have been using ddwrt and openwrt for a few years now.
srelysian
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if this is helpful to the cause or not, but it appears after Comcast dropped support for the wnr1000v2-VC router, Netgear picked it up and ran with it. I believe the last version from comcast was 1.0.0.12 but you can now get 1.2.2.56 from Netgear.

Also, it appears like the source code is available as well.

Firmware

Source

I have no coding experience with specified hardware so I don't know if the source would be helpful at all but if it is, awesome.
Xproject187
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
AR7240 Cpu
AR9285 Radio
4MB Flash
32MB Ram
Same specs as D-Link DIR-600 A1
Sash wrote:
then its worth to try the DIR build

3years & 3months,63167 views & 63 replies later & this issue's as dead as the day it started Twisted Evil.
With that being said,has anyone tried the "DIR-600 A1" build on this POS(v-2)" yet ? Or am I wrong in assuming that's what you two "Gurus" meant.
zecableguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a WNR1000v2 gifted to me. It the retail unit and not the Comcast unit. I was able to enable Telnet on the unit via a Netgear provided tool that I Googled for and accessed the router with Putty.

As mentioned earlier, it runs a modified version of OpenWRT Kamikaze 7.09. Several things have been removed from the looks of it. Even the vi editor is gone. None of the configuration files are in the right place, if they exist at all. The uci is there but is basically non-functional from what I could tell. I did discover the you can use "config show" to see the current configuration and use "config set" to change the configuration with "config commit" to make the configuration stick.

Many config items are listed that are not in the gui included WDS, But the listing is so convoluted that I have not made heads or tails of it yet.

I got the info for enabling telnet from "http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/telnet.console" under "On Windows". It appears that you have to do this each time the router reboots.

I hope this info helps someone out there.[/url]
Xproject187
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah,so can I bother either of you two long enough to give a one worded reply,or what?
DracoDemiLich666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 22:24    Post subject: Hmmmm..... Reply with quote
Okay... so I just hopped into this post because I have been toying with the idea of using my spare router as a wireless adapter.... I am not currently equipped enough to do it on my own and it appears there is no clear solution. It would be great if someone could compile information on each possible solution in order to make them more clear because they are too mixed. That would be great.

-Thanks,
DracoDemiLich666
Xproject187
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:13    Post subject: Porting DD-WRT to the *WNR1000v2* Reply with quote
@DracoDemiLich666
This topic is specific to porting DD-WRT to the Netgear *WNR1000v2*. If your toying with the idea of using your spare router as an adapter,then you'd most likely need to compile a new topic,post it & hopefully get a thread going "specific to that topic".
Good luck Dude.
DracoDemiLich666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 22:16    Post subject: Yes....Yes..... Reply with quote
I have that exact router... that is the exact reason I posted in here...
Xproject187
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry Dude My Bad;
I thought using a Router as a Wifi Adapter(like you wanna do) would require something other than installing DD-WRT onto the WNR1000v2. Please excuse my post & for being naive to that fact. However as I'd stated earlier,I have only minimal usage with the DD-WRT software(program). With that being said,I'm still willing to attempt to install & run the "DIR-600 A1" on the WNR1000v2. That is,as long as I can get a quick confirmation from one of these two guys that that's what they were impling.
DracoDemiLich666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same here....
Xproject187
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:24    Post subject: Installing the "DIR-600 A1" onto a "WNR1000 v Reply with quote
@ DracoDemiLich666:
Thanks for helping keep this topic alive, I guess they're very busy but hopefully they'll answer pretty soon.
Anyway,yeah excuse me Bro, I've only installed DD-WRT twice in the past. Both times it was chosen for the "Repeater Function" it brings to the table. However I didn't go poking around, so quite frankly, I didn't learn all of it's features & functionality, nor their use. My first two installations went very easily, but my third attempt was with a WRT54G v7(2MB)"Flash Rom". Which requires one to Telnet a Micro.bin to the WRT54G v7. I researched the use of Telnet & I even went so far as to install it onto my Win7 laptop. Then I looked for a Walk-through, but I couldn't find one. So feeling overwhelmed & lost, I put the whole mess away. Then I found this WNR1000 v2, with a (4MB) Flash Rom & thought cool ! Only to find it's not supported. But then I found a shred of hope in the "DIR-600 A1"(But Dude, not even a one worded reply in almost a month ?).
Bottom line: I'm not asking you guys to say "Yes It'll Work",so I can play the blame-game when it don't, NO NO NO!
The point is, I don't wanna attempt installing "DIR-600 A1" onto my "WNR1000v2" if that's not what you two were talking about(that's all). If "I" brick it, then I'll 86 it, No-Biggie Dudes!

PS:
This project is for my Wifes friend, she's a Woman with 3 little boys(6,8,11) on welfare whose Dad went MIA years ago. They have no money thus no Internet, however there's a neighbor who's willing to donate a small portion of his Wifi bandwith,but the signal only reaches the boys backyard(so they stand out there trying to use it,but it's cold & rainy this time of year. So I wanna extend the Wireless-G signal so her boys can access it from within their house. So I'd appreciate any insight either of you can give.. Which requires one to Telnet a Micro.bin to the WRT54G v7. I researched the use of Telnet
DracoDemiLich666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 14:43    Post subject: Telnet? Reply with quote
@AXproject187:

Telnet sound legit, however I do not like that as an idea because from my understanding as a port it can handle any kind of data, which would include the very nasty malicious kind as well..... could you link me up to that source you were looking at?
Xproject187
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
After reading your post I'm left wondering if you understand that Telnet's an old IT tool, used to configure Cisco Routers back in the day. So basically it's a PC(with a Telnet Client) & a Router connected via Cat5. A Terminal is launched & commands are sent between the two(nothing more). So frankly all that's sent, is what one choses to send(nothing more), it's just another way to flash Firmware.

I hope I haven't offended you & please excuse me if you already knew what Telnet was(in which case I misunderstood). Besides I'm not even sure if it's Telnet or TFTP I should be looking into.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: