Where did my port forwards go?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
barnabas1969
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:40    Post subject: Where did my port forwards go? Reply with quote
I'm running DD-WRT version v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mini
(SVN revision 14929) on a Linksys WRT-54GL.

When I click on Nat/QoS -> Port Forwarding, there is nothing listed. I have several ports forwarded to several different IP's/ports on my LAN.

They still work.

However, nothing is listed on this page in the router.

Where did my settings go?

Do I need to worry about this?

Thanks.
Sponsor
barnabas1969
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, and I did not use port-range forwarding, port triggering, or anything else to forward these ports. Mysteriously, they work... but are not listed.

Is there a way, via the command line, to list the forwarded ports?

Does the absence of these ports in the web gui indicate any kind of problem, like someone hacked my router?

Thanks in advance.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
My first suspicion is that your nvram is full, telnet/ssh to it and run this command to check:

nvram show >/dev/null

barnabas1969
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply.

Here is what it shows:

nvram show >/dev/null
size: 32126 bytes (642 left)

642 bytes is pretty small. How can I check to see what it hogging all the space?

Nothing has changed in my settings lately, except that I turned off the WiFi radio (because it died, so I connected a new wireless access point instead).
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
32KB isn't much space to work with in the first place and it's not uncommon for those old models to run out. If you have any ssh/vpn certificates, large startup/firewall/custom scripts, excessively use features ie. 100 port forwards or static dhcp leases, or even just have the wan traffic counter or UPnP running they can automatically eat it all up.

I'd bet that you have/had UPnP enabled, it ate through nvram, you lost a ton of settings (which is probably why wireless stopped working) and now it's opening the ports for you.

Regardless of what happened, I strongly suggest you hard reset and reconfigure it because there's no telling what other settings have been lost. Your wireless will probably start working again after you do.

barnabas1969
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did turn on VPN a few weeks ago to test something. I didn't know that would use more of the nvram. The strange thing is that my port forwards are still working... they just don't display in the web gui.

I just turned off VPN, saved, applied, and rebooted. Port forwards still don't show in the web gui.

I'll hunt around. I think I saved my settings to a file before turning on VPN.
barnabas1969
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Restoring the backup file got everything back. Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: