connecting linksys WRT54GL to vpn provacy service

neuronetv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:55    Post subject: connecting linksys WRT54GL to vpn provacy service Reply with quote
Linksys WRT54GL v1.1
Firmware installed: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mini
can anyone help me connect my linksys WRT54GL router to pptp.proxpn.com as a vpn client? I'd like it so that any computer that connects to the linksys router will be automatically in the vpn privacy tunnel. I have an account with proxpn but so far haven't been able to connect this router to it. The wan port of the linksys router is connected to the lan port of an adsl router that is connected to the internet. I can get the linksys on the internet but can't get it into the vpn tunnel. I tried the instruction at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Static_PPTP_VPN_Client but no joy (these instructions seem a bit out of date). The settings that proxpm provide for a pptp connection are here:
http://proxpn.com/iphone.php
Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
CSKS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:12    Post subject: any luck? Reply with quote
Hi, neuronetv, just checking to see if you ever figured this out? I can't get it to work either. If you have any help to offer, I'd be grateful!
neuronetv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
no I never succeeded, the WRT54GL doesn't have enough 'gubbins' to cope with this task. vpn tunnels need certificates and such and this is above the capabilities of the linksys firmware. I ended up using openvpn on a linux server machine to get what I wanted, which was an encrypted proxy server on my lan.
CSKS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 15:03    Post subject: oh well Reply with quote
Thanks for replying - I will have to look into other options too, I guess. It's frustrating because I confirmed with ProXPN before purchasing that it could be configured with a dd-wrt router. No such luck!
neuronetv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
as an aside I found phantompeer to be a really good vpn provider, better than the rest. They use specific global locations to ensure your privacy, they don't hand over your details to anyone and they don't interfere with what you do on the web or what you download. I've been with them at least a year and I recommend them.
CSKS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommendation!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: