Lan ports not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
ekelley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:54    Post subject: Lan ports not working Reply with quote
I am using a Motorola WR850G V1 router. I was able to install dd-wrt.v24_mini_wr850g then I installed dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.
I am currently on DD-WRT V24-sp1 07/27/08 std

After I did that everything did work fine. I was setting up a second wlan and then I was setting up the vlans when all my lan ports stopped working.
So after resetting the router it still didn't work so then I did a factory reset. I was still unable to get an ip address and the my computer says its a unidentified network.

I then tried to connect to the router using the wireless and I was able to connect to the router and manage it.
I couldn't find any issues so I then did a 30/30/30 reset.
It came back up and I am still having the same issue with the LAN ports but the wifi works fine. I did try to reload the firmware over itself and set it to erase settings. Still same issue.

I have tried another PC on the LAN port and same issue will not get a ip address from the dhcp. Also if I add the ip address manually and then try to connect to the router or try to ping it fails.

I then tried to connect the router wan port onto another router using dhcp the router fails to get a ip address.

One weird thing is If I setup the router to do dhcp forwarding and disable the firewall all the computers connected on LAN will get ip addresses and the internet will work connecting to my main router. but they will be unable to ping or manage the dd-wrt router.

Any Suggestions?
Sponsor
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 23:55    Post subject: Re: Lan ports not working Reply with quote
ekelley wrote:
Any Suggestions?

Setup a PC with one static IP address and load a different (newer) build, don´t do it via wireless.
Double check you have your dhcp server enabled in basic setup.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 0:40    Post subject: Tried Reply with quote
Thank you for the reply!

I did try a static IP address I still was unable to ping or connect to the router.
The routers ip was 192.192.168.1.1/24 so I setup my system with 192.168.1.2/24 with the gateway of 192.168.1.1.
It is the weirdest issue. But yet the WiFi works fine. Its like the LAN ports dint like to work its like a setting that I changed messed it up but will not reset to the defaults when I try to reset it.

Any more suggestions??
This is driving me up the wall Surprised
ekelley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:40    Post subject: Got it!!! Reply with quote
I tried a 30/30/30 again but this time I watched the lights On he router instead just waiting for the 30 seconds.
Every time I reset the router it seemed to reset just some of the settings and not all of them. So this time on the last 30 second part I waited and watched the LED's wen the power led stopped flashing and stayed solid red I then let go and every thing was erased not just some parts of it.
Its a really weird issue.

The next version for my router is V24 preSP2 Beta Build 13064 recomended
How stable is this one?

Thanks for the help.
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:46    Post subject: Peacock Thread Reply with quote
ekelley wrote:
The next version for my router is V24 preSP2 Beta Build 13064 recomended
How stable is this one?

Thanks for the help.

Read the Peacock Thread Note 3.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ekelly did you manage to fix your problem ?

I ran into the same problem with my E3000 cisco linksys router.. lan ports were working fine before firmware date.. but after firmware update non of the lan ports work and I can only connect via wireless to manage the router.

I updated to all different versions of DD-WRT and also erased NVRAM and reboot router after every update.. I updated to 4 different dd-wrt versions in hopes that the problem will correct itself but I can not.. I can even revert back to my cisco factory firmware.. but lan ports still does not function.. the ports light up on the router when I connect my laptop to any of the 4 ports. I did not try to see if it will get internet connection via connecting the router to my modem..

if you were able to resolve your problem please let me know as I am also in desperate need Smile I do not want to throw away the router or use it as a door stopper!! lol
Thanks.
vicktor_1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi
I have the same problem after upgrading to brains layer 3.x

reverting back to other versions or flavors did not help.

basically the lan ports serve as a hub and route only between themselves. no dhcp or connection to wlan.

I did not change anything related to routing. just set my wlan and after reboot ...boom
tlight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same exact problem except I've done no firmware upgrades in past 1+ year. LAN ports just stopped working. Seems they stopped working a client at a time. None are working now. Wireless works fine. LAN wired ports not assigning IP and no internet access. Assigning a static IP to client doesn't work either... no internet. It's like the wired ports are simply not being routed.

Prior to this things worked flawlessly on both wired and wireless. Other info is I have another wireless (non DD-WRT) router in the house acting as a repeater (no DHCP).

router = Linksys WRT160N v3
DD-WRT = v24-sp2 (03/17/11) std-nokaid-small - build 16454

Anyone know what is causing this?
viking123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the exact same issue with WNDR3700 V2, No upgrades and all of a sudden LAN ports aren't passing through and assigning IP addresses. Wireless works great. Going to test a stock build with no DD-WRT installed and see if the build is corrupt or something.

Any experts out there have any suggestions. Everything was working fine.

Mad
madsdyrmann
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 13:34    Post subject: Same problem with E3000 Reply with quote
The exact same happened to me a few days ago with my Linksys E3000. It's around two months since I last changed networks settings, and until now it has worked flawlessly.
I have a computer and a NAS connected using LAN ports and two computers connected using WIFI.

There is no problem using WIFI, but the units connected using the LAN ports cannot access the internet, but connects to the web interface of the router without problems.
Dubhead
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:32    Post subject: LAN port failures Reply with quote
Anyone ever find a resolution to this? I had this happen recently for no apparent reason (never changed the settings and havent' had any events or other major config updates with network in months). Tried getting to web admin pages and do not have access, haven't tried directly plugging to router to see if I can see anything in the firmware that looks to be wrong. I have a NetGear WNDR3700V2 as well and it just stopped working...Wifi (2 & 5GHz) work great. Really bummed about this as I don't know where to begin to troubleshoot something like this, buy a new router and start over completely??
Help!
Dubhead Cool
madsdyrmann
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just flashed a newer Firmware version, which solved the problem.
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:50    Post subject: Please post the build Reply with quote
madsdyrmann wrote:

Which build? As other have reported the same issue, it would be good to let them know.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 18:30    Post subject: Re: Please post the build Reply with quote
feliciano wrote:
madsdyrmann wrote:

Which build? As other have reported the same issue, it would be good to let them know.

I'm using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/20/12) mega - build 19519
which works just fine. I can't remember which build I was using before.
VPNFlipper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:34    Post subject: SOLVED: Ethernet not working Reply with quote
There appears to be a bug that breaks/changes the VLAN config.

Go to Setup > VLANs

Untick the boxes 1,2,3,4 in the VLAN 0 row.

Tick the boxes 1,2,3,4 in the VLAN 1 row and set Assigned to Bridge LAN (in the VLAN 1 row).

Apply Settings.

Wait 30secs - 1 min.

Your ethernet connections are now working again.

Enjoy!
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: