Can't connect to WPA2 AES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
CoolGuy96
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 20:36    Post subject: Can't connect to WPA2 AES Reply with quote
I'm running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - SVN revision 21061 on a TP-LINK TL-WR740N and it runs perfectly if I use TKIP encryption for the wireless. If I choose AES none of my 6 devices (Win8, Win7, Android 4.2, BB10, Playbook)can connect, they time out. I tried everything I could think of - entirely new Wi-Fi profile, WPA2 Mixed, re-flash of the firmware with full reset but nothing changes Confused
Any idea how i can get it to work? Because now I'm essentially running on 802.11g speeds when I'm paying for a 70Mbps net connection (even more at night)
P.S. Using the routers original firmware I had no problem connecting to WPA2/AES and getting 802.11n speeds on all devices.
Sponsor
rizel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 21:53    Post subject: Re: Can't connect to WPA2 AES Reply with quote
CoolGuy96 wrote:
I'm running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - SVN revision 21061 on a TP-LINK TL-WR740N and it runs perfectly if I use TKIP encryption for the wireless. If I choose AES none of my 6 devices (Win8, Win7, Android 4.2, BB10, Playbook)can connect, they time out. I tried everything I could think of - entirely new Wi-Fi profile, WPA2 Mixed, re-flash of the firmware with full reset but nothing changes Confused
Any idea how i can get it to work? Because now I'm essentially running on 802.11g speeds when I'm paying for a 70Mbps net connection (even more at night)
P.S. Using the routers original firmware I had no problem connecting to WPA2/AES and getting 802.11n speeds on all devices.

if you can go back to original tp-link firmware do it....few month ago i brick one tp-link 740n same like you..never from now on,don't use TKIP encryption,just auto or simply AES....
CoolGuy96
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the original firmware the router would drop me after 3-4-5 hours and the only way to reconnect was to restart it Confused I guess it's better to have some stability over momentary speed Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: