Latest working firmware for WRT320N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
lollabie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 19:32    Post subject: Latest working firmware for WRT320N Reply with quote
Hi

I've checked in the firmware database what the latest dd-wrt version for the WRT320N is and it says: dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6

I have that version installed and working.

Is there a newer version I could use? I know there is the ftp with a lot of newer version like: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/broadcom_K26/

But I don't know which of those versions will work for the WRT320N.

I am looking for an upgrade because I use the OpenVPN client service and my VPN provider requires the new "DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA" TSL Cipher which isn't available in 21061.

Also, when I press save or apply settings, the "nsCertType verification" checkbox is automatically unticked (This only happens if the Public Client Cert is using a 2048bit key. Probably some memory/ overflow issue?).

So what's the latest dd-wrt version I can safely upgrade to with the WRT320N?
Thanks!
Sponsor
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
try this one

also, check out this link

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
lollabie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah the wiki is a bit out of date concerning the build versions unfortunately.

I've installed the version you recommended.
But I still have the issue that the "nsCertType verification" checkbox unticks itself when I save/apply settings.
It seems that's an memory (NVRAM?) issue, since it works fine with 1024bit keys. 2048bit keys however seem to big...

Is there a way to make this work?
lollabie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok update:

I've deleted some comment lines in my "Startup" and "Firewall" commands and that freed up barely enough NVRAM for the OpenVPN settings to save.

Is there a way to get more/free up some NVRAM?
lollabie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
On a side note: I had to downgrade to 21676 because the wifi doesn't work in 22118.

But my question remains: Is there a way to get more/free up some NVRAM?
lollabie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just for the other people who might come here with the same problem.
I've tried a few tricks like disabling the WAN traffic monitor and it's accumulated date, and compressing firewall scripts. None of those really gave me enough NVRAM space. I was always around the maximum.

I had a mega build installed previously. And when I upgraded I didn't delete the old settings. That was a stupid mistake which I made to save time (to not having to reconfigure everything. Loading a saved config basically doesn't help for the memory issues since all the useless data will get loaded with it). Do not make the same mistake!
Just reset your router with some method. Doing the reset over the GUI made may LAN ports not work.

Clearing the NVRAM via telnet finally fixed it.
I reconfigured the router and now I have 2KB space remaining, which is plenty for me.

Hope this helps someone. If you want to say thanks: 14aZL6P7jyCB5WWn8DWKxU9mLGiBPVrt5X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: