New build is out 21676 (BS) K2.6 and K3.X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ipha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
All the K3X images are too big for the WNR3500L.
Sponsor
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: f7d7301 K26 big

Flashed required an extra reset. I did an additional factory reset, and still required the extra power cycle.

.-WiFi channel auto forces 40MHz, regardless what I set on channel width
.-If on the channel 11, it chooses 11+15 LOL
.-After an additional reset, the fail is seldom
.-Weird. I forced to channel 1. And after some minutes, I found it on channel 9 LOL

EDIT: After finding random unable to connect issues, it seems an additional erase nvram is in order.
Tested again: The auto channel width issue remains. The connection is unstable; sometimes I even loose connection with the unit.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK

So after a couple of months, the E3000 has run flawlessly.

We are using the following features

Port Forwarding
QoS - IP Subnet based using HFSC
Port access VLANs
Multiple Wifi with guest access
2.4 & 5G WiFi

This is on a PPPoE connection to an EFM service

The router has not missed a beat.

I am, however, having issues with a new deployment.
VLANs are being a bitch. I can not set a port based VLAN without losing NAT rules in any fashion. Bridging also seems to screw up a bit. Regardless of using the GUI or setting NVRAM from telnet.

Also, the factory reset does not work from the GUI. I have to 30-30-30 or erase nvram

I'm testing a second router but I was hoping to use this build as it works with the ZTE LTE/4G dongles
mattster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:03    Post subject: 21676 K3.0 + WRT320n = Fail Reply with quote
I tried the K3.x 21676 build on my WRT320n today and while it looked like it was working, it ultimately did not. I ran into a few issues:

- I was unable to get two additional virtual APs defined successfully. While I could create them and connect to them with no security, as soon as I enabled WPA or WPA2, they were no longer connectable. I could still connect to my main, non-virtual, SSID without any issues.

- Whenever I rebooted the router, the wireless was not active. Even the main wireless SSID was not working. I usually had to change a setting (any setting) in the wireless section to jump start things.

- My LAN and Wireless MACs were identical. While running on the K26 build (which I have reverted back to now), these were different. I wasn't sure if this was the cause of problem #1 or not.

- Wireless (after fixing the above issue) works ok with a big exception; I'm only getting around 44mbps(5.5MB/s) data rates on 802.11n 2.4GHz when I know I can be getting around 150mbps. I saw this with the build I was running on here before I did any upgrades (svn15943-snow, which runs 2.4 kernel).

Is there any newer build of the K3x line that fixes these issues? Does anyone have manual fixes that I could make which would alleviate these issues? While things were up and running for a little bit, I did like what I saw with the newer builds. I also appreciated having the newer kernel version, especially since that will be better supported moving forward, especially when it comes to security.

Thanks in advance!
Matt
JNavas
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Linksys E1200v2 and Netgear WNDR4000
Upgraded to dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k
Both units working properly, including PPTP and SSH.
E1200v2 now has 2 months of flawless 24x7 operation.
WNDR4000 is working well on both bands.
This build is now my standard for client deployments.

3l3tric
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded my Linksys/Cisco E1000 V1 to this firmware.
All success so far, save for the overclocking function. Trying to underclock from 300MHz to 200MHz results in router failure. Reset and power cycling fixed this problem.
Some users reported issues with wireless devices with this firmware, but I've noticed nothing thus far. I'm running it as my main gateway in conjunction with a WAP.
Features I've successfully implemented:
WAP2 Personal Mixed security with TKIP+AES Password
Lowered transmit power from 71mW to 50mW
Changed SSID
Changed wireless channels to 1 and 11
One quirk with wireless channels: If I just change the extension channel to upper, the Channel Select defaults to Auto and can't be changed. If I change Extension channel to lower, change the channel, save, then change back to upper, I can then select a specific channel from the box.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: