DD-WRT + eucalyptus (DNSMasq ignore)

chisleu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 23:53    Post subject: DD-WRT + eucalyptus (DNSMasq ignore) Reply with quote
I'm setting up a virtual computing environment on my home LAN and I'm trying to avoid buying another router to segment my internal network.

I like using DD-WRT's DHCP but need to run another DHCP server on my eucalyptus cloud controller so it can manage IP's for the instances.

I read this link in the wiki:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DNSMasq_as_DHCP_server#Extra_DNSMasq_options

I need to block all MAC addresses that start with d0:0d (dude!) from the DHCP server on the DD-WRT. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? I tried using the information above to do this:

Code:
dhcp-host=d0:0d:*:*:*:*,ignore

Maybe this should have been:
Code:
dhcp-host=d0:0d:*,ignore

I tried the first one and the DD-WRT exploded. The config looked correct but the dhcp/dns from DNSMasq crashed and I couldn't fix it. I had to do a reset and reconfigure everything on the network (tons of work because of forwards/etc.)

I'm trying to avoid grenading the box again. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? I'm comfortable with Linux environments if I have to ssh in to get the job done.

Thanks for this amazing resource. This has been terribly useful for me.
Sponsor
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, if DNSMasq does not work, the router is still available for telnet/ssh and you could do DNSMasq configuration with vi or nano and start DNSMasq again from command prompt. You may need to set a static IP if you don't get a lease.

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

chisleu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Of course I did this. I ssh'd in but the configuration was wrecked. I don't know much about the internals of dd-wrt's setup, but the config file I found was completely empty.

I've already recovered. I'm just trying to accomplish the task without blowing up the box again.
chisleu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
The lack of a "--" makes it appear to be in a config file, not a command line argument, so I shouldn't have to escape the "*"s.

DNSMasq does support wildcards like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: