TP-LINK WR841ND v8.2 ... DD-WRT settings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Bupitz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 14:28    Post subject: TP-LINK WR841ND v8.2 ... DD-WRT settings? Reply with quote
Hi.
I've tested in the past 3 weeks some wireless routers to find one that offers good coverage for a house.
Unfortunately I have not found anything that pleased me (I tested Asus N56U, TP-Link WDR4300,
TP-Link WR1043ND) and eventually I got a cheap one (this WR841ND) and I see that it has the same coverage as those expensive ones.
I said I'll try everything possible (DD-WRT, changing antennas, etc.)
The problem is that even after I put DD-WRT and TP-Link antennas ANT2408CL (8 dBi) I can't see any improvement on the wifi coverage... it's the same as it was with the factory firmware with stock antennas.
I changed the TX Power (tried 19,20,25,30 dBm) and also the Antenna Gain (0 or 8 dBi) but honestly I do not see any difference or impact on the coverage.

Can you recommend some "turbo" settings for this router?
Thanks in advance,

Bupitz

PS: check the settings I made for the wireless in my printscreens. The quality of the signal I have now in the same room with the router (-55 dBm seems a little bit low to me)
Sponsor
gnr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having the same problem. One thing is for sure - dd-wrt will not increase your data throughput rate. If you want best throughput then use stock firmware. If you want good throughput then try tomato (if your router support it). If you want more function (but not good throughput) for your tp-link router (or other budget router) then go for dd-wrt. I wouldn't even try dd-wrt on N56U. I don't see much things that N56U's latest firmware cant offer. N56U's latest firmware actually offers more functionality than dd-wrt - like easy qos (they have manual more advanced qos as well), 3g/wimax support, download manager for torrent and http files, ntfs support... etc, and gui looks a lot better than dd-wrt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: