TP-Link TL-WR1043ND wireless bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
djb79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:34    Post subject: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND wireless bridge Reply with quote
Hi All,
Similar topic, so I haven't started a new thread.

I've had my wireless bridge up and running for ~1year. It's set in bridge mode. I've got 2 x TP-Link TL-WR1043ND both running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) std - build 18777.

I've got 1 box next to my ADSL/SIP modem and the other in my bedroom/study. My ADSL modem is also acting as the DHCP server on the network and has wireless disabled.

In connected to the study(slave) router I've got a LAN Laser printer, my desktop and my laptop (connected via LAN cable). I've got USB enabled on both routers. I've also converted the WAN connection to LAN connection using the following commands run as part of the startup script:
swconfig dev rtl8366rb vlan 1 set ports '0 1 2 3 4 5t'
stopservice lan
startservice lan

I have to turn the study off at night so the wife doesn't get disturbed with all the lights (no dramas on that front). So every morning, I have to turn on all devices again.

I was running WEP on the wireless link, with no dramas at all, it came up first time every time.

A few day ago, I changed the security settings from WEP to WPA2(personal)-AES. This connection seems very flakey and will only come up if I establish the connection manually by playing with the settings on the slave box. I don't expect that any war drivers are in operation nearby, but having a background in network architecture/encryption/security, I prefer to have things locked down reasonably tightly.

Any suggestions how I can keep WPA2-AES and have it run stably?

Is there any other info that you need to help diagnose?

Regards
Darryl
Sponsor
criscabellos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:45    Post subject: Help Too!!! Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I know this is really old, but didn't find the solution yet.

Tried suggestions, but didn't work for me.

djb79, have you got your environment working like you wanted?

I'm in an equal situation and can get it working with WPA2, only with WEP. And here I'm trying in my company's network which is now required to not have any WEP wireless connections. Sad

If you or anyone else can help me on that I'd be really grateful.
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
djb79 wrote:
Hi All,
Similar topic, so I haven't started a new thread.

I've had my wireless bridge up and running for ~1year. It's set in bridge mode. I've got 2 x TP-Link TL-WR1043ND both running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) std - build 18777...

........... I don't expect that any war drivers are in operation nearby, but having a background in network architecture/encryption/security, I prefer to have things locked down reasonably tightly.

Any suggestions how I can keep WPA2-AES and have it run stably?

Is there any other info that you need to help diagnose?

Regards
Darryl

1. connecting 2 Atheros devices refers to Atheros Forum....
2. it seems firmware you use is a bit too old and regarding, security and
functionality it may be outdated..
3.try this build as it is reported from one of the members as operational
http://dd-wrt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=304631
or try some old builds that may be working for you
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

try to have same builds on the routers and start from scratch... erase nvram and reboot ...

"Wireless Security: Match the host router, exactly including capitals & security algorithm. EX: host using WPA2 Personal AES will still work if the repeater is set to WPA2 Personal Mixed AES, for whatever reason, as it includes the algorithm in use (WPA2-AES)"

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: