How to install dd-wrt on TL-WDR3600?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
phaelinx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 0:19    Post subject: How to install dd-wrt on TL-WDR3600? Reply with quote
Hey all,

I apologize for a noob question, but what is the best way to install dd-wrt on a WDR3600? I've searched the site and can't seem to find a guide or anything.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Sponsor
anishannayya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. Grab the factory-to-ddwrt.bin here: ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/01-24-2013-r20548/tplink_tl-wdr3600v1/

2. Make sure you are connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Then upgrade your firmware through the stock firmware web interface, the process will take a few minutes. Do not interrupt the upgrade process and wait at least 2 minutes after 100% is reached.

3. Hold the reset button under the router for 30 seconds and do not release it, while still holding the reset button unplug the router and leave it unplugged for 30 more seconds. Still holding the reset button, plug the router back in and wait yet another 30 seconds. Unplug the router again and release the reset button, plug it back in and wait at least 2 minutes, this is critical as the router is building NVRAM settings.

4. Do 3 again, just in case.

5. Power cycle the router: Unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

6. Installation is now complete. Setup your router, making sure to use the correct antenna gain, max TX power, and antenna chains (TX/RX). Don't follow the (sometimes) asinine settings some bozo on the Internet posts; use the settings that your hardware manufacturer uses.
phaelinx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
anishannayya wrote:
1. Grab the factory-to-ddwrt.bin here: ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/01-24-2013-r20548/tplink_tl-wdr3600v1/

Thank you. This worked like a charm Smile
jsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:08    Post subject: settings Reply with quote
phaelinx wrote:
anishannayya wrote:

Thank you. This worked like a charm Smile

anishannayya wrote:

Setup your router, making sure to use the correct antenna gain, max TX power, and antenna chains (TX/RX). Don't follow the (sometimes) asinine settings some bozo on the Internet posts; use the settings that your hardware manufacturer uses.

Which settings did you use for antenna
3to1ODDS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone know if this process will work if you are currently running Gargoyle (1.5.8 )?
adamjamess
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Download link broken? Download gets stuck after about 4.9MB of 7.7MB downloaded.
SynGamer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
anishannayya wrote:

2. Make sure you are connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Then upgrade your firmware through the stock firmware web interface, the process will take a few minutes. Do not interrupt the upgrade process and wait at least 2 minutes after 100% is reached.

3. Hold the reset button under the router for 30 seconds and do not release it, while still holding the reset button unplug the router and leave it unplugged for 30 more seconds. Still holding the reset button, plug the router back in and wait yet another 30 seconds. Unplug the router again and release the reset button, plug it back in and wait at least 2 minutes, this is critical as the router is building NVRAM settings.

6. Installation is now complete. Setup your router, making sure to use the correct antenna gain, max TX power, and antenna chains (TX/RX). Don't follow the (sometimes) asinine settings some bozo on the Internet posts; use the settings that your hardware manufacturer uses.

I was on Gargoyle and was able to successfully install DD-WRT using factory-to-ddwrt.bin

I skipped step #4 but so far everything is working great. I installed factory-to-ddwrt and then upgraded to the latest version (via other downloads). I just want to say thank you for writing out the above instructions. I know it's easy for people who have already done this but the regular instructions make this seem like one wrong wire and it's KABOOM!

So, thank you Smile
billdata
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:27    Post subject: Tried but get error message Reply with quote
Thank you! This instruction was just what I needed to flash my brand-new TP-Link WDR3600v1, but although I followed carefully, it was unsuccessful as the "Error message 18005" informed that I should check the 'filename'. I used 'factory-to-ddwrt.bin'. What am I doing wrong! I see the second download file called 'tl-wdr3600-webflash.bin'. Should I use/try that? I am hoping someone will see this and help me, please!
johnnynl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
anishannayya wrote:

Hi, thanks for the explanation, this really helped me.

I'm still having some issues getting a good Wireless speed and stability.

Do you know where i can find the settings for step 6.

Thanks,
Joao
wecucho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
johnnynl wrote:

Thanks,
Joao

Hi Johnnynl,

Do you found this information? I'm about to flash my own TL-WDR3600 (I have not even taken out of the box yet! hehe)

I'll appreciate a lot any help Smile
johnnynl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
wecucho wrote:
johnnynl wrote:

Thanks,
Joao

Hi Johnnynl,

Do you found this information? I'm about to flash my own TL-WDR3600 (I have not even taken out of the box yet! hehe)

I'll appreciate a lot any help Smile

A bit late, sorry... Did not get an email on this post.
Check this topic for the correct settings:http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=891646#891646
zhoowa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes everything worked well dd-wrt installed perfectly!
but i have issue with setting up 3g wan..maybe there is no issue at all but it lacks a noob guide or something. i have tplink ma260 wich is listed as supported 3g modem by dd wrt but i just cant get it to work Sad ISP data is ok it works when used on my laptop no problem. is there any step by step guide available somewhere? ty
Mikez87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
anishannayya wrote:

I tried to flash my router EXACTLY like this and it failed. Now the router is only flashing all of its lights every few seconds and I cannot connect to it. I did the 30/30/30 thing a few times and nothing. Only thing that seems to do something is the reset button: after pressing reset, leds stop flashing and my PC tries to connect, but fails it.

My router is TL-WDR3600 version 1.5. The reset button is on the backplane in this router, not on the bottom.

Did I still do something wrong and is there a way to fix this?

edit: I used v24 PreSP2 [beta] Build: 21061 that I found from http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database, it should be a newer version of the firmware you linked (link doesn't work anymore).
begleysm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
zhoowa wrote:
but i have issue with setting up 3g wan..maybe there is no issue at all but it lacks a noob guide or something. i have tplink ma260 wich is listed as supported 3g modem by dd wrt but i just cant get it to work Sad ISP data is ok it works when used on my laptop no problem. is there any step by step guide available somewhere? ty

Not sure if this will help buy I recently got a 3G USB Modem to work with a D-Link DIR-632 running DD-WRT. I wrote up a quick and dirty guide to help me remember how to do it in the future. Maybe there will be a clue in there for you.
http://steamforge.net/wiki/index.php/How_To_Setup_a_Novatel_MiFi_2200_as_a_USB_Modem_in_DD-WRT

FYI: The DIR-632 (even with DD-WRT) is having weird issues of dropping the wifi (just like many people have reported with and without DD-WRT firmware) so I wouldn't suggest buying it in your quest to get your setup working.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
zhoowa wrote:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Mobile_Broadband#Not_Working_Modems

Navigation

Jump to: