PS3 in DMZ mode not working. Need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
zmok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 20:31    Post subject: PS3 in DMZ mode not working. Need help Reply with quote
Hope that I can get some help here. This is the problem. I play fifa 13 online and in game you can see your firwall status. There are 3 options: Open, Moderate, Restrictive. I have the moderate status. I can play online with that status but I want an Open status. I have an TP-Link wdr4300 router plugged into a modem/router. My internet provider has disabled the router function of that modem/router so it works just like a normal router.
I've read a lot on the internet about the open firewall and this can be solved by putting the ps3 into the DMZ of the router. You have to give your ps3 a static IP. I have done this multiple times but i can not get the open firewall in fifa 13. When I connect my ps3 directly to my modem the firewall is open in fifa 13. I thought that maybe it was a TP-Link error so I installed DD-WRT on my router but the problem is still there. Hope that someone can help me out!! Many thanks
Sponsor
DoesItMatter
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I suspect the issue is your modem/router combo is blocking access

You need to be able to login to your modem/router combo and DMZ the TP-link

Then in the TP-link - DMZ your PS3

Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT IPQ806x Trunk R16375 5.4 Kernel

TP-Link Archer C7 V3 - OpenWRT Build R16290 5.4 Kernel
Linksys E3000 - FreshTomato Build MIPSR2 2021.2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: