Asus RT-AC66U now in stock - DD-WRT compatibility?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
dandare
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 20:39    Post subject: Re: wireless speed channel Reply with quote
jtrosky wrote:
dandare wrote:
I use a bridge with 2 asus ac66u.
Channel 112, upper,uppder, mixed, 5ghz for first router
AC only, 5ghz for second router.

What is maximum speed between two routers in bridge?
I have maximum 38-40MBytes/s.

Which wireless channels you use is really not important, since everybodys environment will be different (what works for you may be a horrible choice for others).

I'm getting about the same - 37MBps (megaBYTES per secord) - for a windows file copy between PC's on each side of my wireless bridge.

What is the power output you use ? 71mw?
Sponsor
coold8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:12    Post subject: Limitation Reply with quote
Hi,

I installed DD-wrt on the RT-AC66U and have tried reinstalling it. I cannot get speeds over 130mbps on my FioS Connection. I tried adding the script from the router slowdown guide, but it has not helped, capping out at 130mbps. Should I be using a different build? Is there anything else I should change?

Thanks.
jtrosky
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you talking about wireless speeds or WAN speeds?

If wireless on the 2.4Ghz radio, I had to set channel and channel width to "auto" in order to get wireless connections over 130Mbps.

1 x Linksys WRT610n v1
1 x Linksys E2500
1 x Netgear WNDR3300
1 x Dlink DIR-825 v1
2 x Asus RT-AC66U
coold8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, I should have clarified. This is WAN speeds over ethernet.
ThugEsquire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 21:22    Post subject: Re: Limitation Reply with quote
coold8 wrote:
Hi,

I installed DD-wrt on the RT-AC66U and have tried reinstalling it. I cannot get speeds over 130mbps on my FioS Connection. I tried adding the script from the router slowdown guide, but it has not helped, capping out at 130mbps. Should I be using a different build? Is there anything else I should change?

Thanks.

I had the same issue with my FiOS connection, except it was capped at 100 Mbps. I re-flashed Merlin's killer build and I'm back up to 150 Mbps. Brainslayer probably knows why.
blumman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 14:04    Post subject: Re: Limitation Reply with quote
ThugEsquire wrote:
coold8 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

I had the same issue with my FiOS connection, except it was capped at 100 Mbps. I re-flashed Merlin's killer build and I'm back up to 150 Mbps. Brainslayer probably knows why.

This is the reason why I'm not running DD-WRT even though I would like to. I'm so used to the interface and all the settings but for now I'm also running Merlin's build.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
quick question is anyone else having very long boot times with build 21592?
talking about more than 2 minutes

thanks in advance jacky Smile

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 16:52    Post subject: wow 250 download speed Reply with quote
thanks again
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
jackykoning wrote:
quick question is anyone else having very long boot times with build 21592?
talking about more than 2 minutes

thanks in advance jacky Smile

first boot can be very long. all others should be done in a few seconds

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
alright then. Smile I reset my router and now its back up 45 seconds after pressing reboot instead of 270 seconds Smile very weird. oh well(have nvram backup if interested)

I do however still have a LAN hard limit of 200 Mbits/s it just won't go higher. (this is from my pc directly to the router)

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi I´m planing to replace my 2,4GHz Point to Point Wlan (ca. 200 meteres) (DLink DIR-600) with a 5GHz Network. I have already 2 Asus RT-AC66U (DD-WRT SVN revision 21592) and the 2,4 Network is up and running perfect since a couple of days.
My question is basicly if this antenna http://www.wlan-shop24.de/products/de/WLAN-Antennen/5-GHz-Richtantennen/5-GHz-WLAN-Richtantenne--Panel--3x3-MIMO--17dBi.html is a good choice for this router and for the 5Ghz net.
Danke schonmal
popkenr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all, thank you Brainslayer for maintaining this great firmware.

I flashed my AC66U with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/12/13) giga
(SVN revision 21592).

I initially bought this router to replace my 54GL which has been running a Vlan for years but lacks wireless speed. I must have a Vlan mapped to one port.

Although I can detach port 4 and assign it to vlan 3 (assigned to bridge = none) the router stalls after I apply the settings.

I lose connection to the web-interface, my ssh-connection via Putty loses its connection and my ping requests get no answer.

This prevents me from doing any settings in the Setup > Networking page.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

Only a 30 seconds reset (in which all settings revert to default) helps me to get the connection to the router back.

A work-around bij configuring the vlan via Cli would be a good work-around for me, but I found many howto's which differ from each other, so I'm not sure which one to use.

Thank you all in advance.
psu256
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
popkenr wrote:
First of all, thank you Brainslayer for maintaining this great firmware.

I flashed my AC66U with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/12/13) giga
(SVN revision 21592).

I initially bought this router to replace my 54GL which has been running a Vlan for years but lacks wireless speed. I must have a Vlan mapped to one port.

Although I can detach port 4 and assign it to vlan 3 (assigned to bridge = none) the router stalls after I apply the settings.

I lose connection to the web-interface, my ssh-connection via Putty loses its connection and my ping requests get no answer.

This prevents me from doing any settings in the Setup > Networking page.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

Only a 30 seconds reset (in which all settings revert to default) helps me to get the connection to the router back.

A work-around bij configuring the vlan via Cli would be a good work-around for me, but I found many howto's which differ from each other, so I'm not sure which one to use.

Thank you all in advance.

I've had problems with this build as well. I tried to change DNS settings and lost all access.

I then rebooted the router, just a regular, not 30 second reboot, and afterwards I could telnet to it and get out to the internet, but no access to the GUI.

I was able to get back to the GUI after a 30/30/30. I will see how it operates for a while, but I may revert to 21286.
OggyFX51
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 21:19    Post subject: trigger port 113 Reply with quote
I just want to be able to use port 113 as a trigger port again , for some reason its not working with Freebsd 9.1
psu256
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I am having problems accessing the GUI again. Nothing obviously wrong in the messages file. So, I don't know what to do about it. If there is some other debug information that could be useful, please let me know how to collect it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 90, 91, 92  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 38 of 92
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: