OTRW2 (incl. Mypage)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Author Message
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I understand but when I switch there isn't much left.
Required functions in the scripts are not available in entware.
I have had a router running entware to try to match the functions but gave up.

Entware is at this moment no option, sorry..
Sponsor
gambitmac
DD-WRT User


Joined: 25 Mar 2012
Posts: 102
Location: In a van down by the river.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lost thumb drive, reinstalled optware take 2, mypage will not install.

"!!! Other version of MYPAGE installed !!!
I don't support upgrading from another versions
MYPAGE will NOT be installed."

Does anyone know how to install it?

_________________
-I Am The Uberhuman Mutant
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Script check for an existing www folder.
remove it and run the mypage install script

rm -rf /opt/www
cd /tmp
wget http://ddwrt-trunk.basmaf.com/install_mypage.sh
sh install_mypage.sh
saadsarwar
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Snapshot while running the command


basmaf.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  194.39 KB
 Viewed:  17985 Time(s)

basmaf.png


basmaf
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Must be a dns problem.
check if you can ping basmaf.com
I check my server from a remote location and files are downloaded.
Also the server logs show wget from various locations.
Webnet
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm experiencing an error with mounting...

root@DD-WRT:~# sh /tmp/prep_optware
You need to mount /opt
Exiting...
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Informational update:

I have updated the first post with more info on the supported (WORKING)builds.

All KONG builds
Fractal and BS 14929 - 20006

I have implemented a check to verify you are using a build which allows OTRW2 to work a.k.a. supported.
It will tell you when you are using a build which won't work.

If you want to know more about the technical reason google "fpu emulator" "soft float"
p_shep
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
basmaf wrote:
I understand but when I switch there isn't much left.
Required functions in the scripts are not available in entware.
I have had a router running entware to try to match the functions but gave up.

Entware is at this moment no option, sorry..


What significant is missing?

I'm just hacked something together, and there are a couple of things missing, a few have different package names, but mostly there.

Missing: util-linux-ng, inetutils, calc, cdrtools, colordiff, httping, par2cmdline, psutils, p910nd, pound, siproxd
I don't even know what most of those are for.
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't remember all.
You would need to breakdown all custom service scripts and check if they function properly.

It has been a while since I performed the diff.
Find utils was also missing at the time which is also required.

Pound is also a must.

But If you are able to piece most of it together and only a few scripts are broken I will look into it.

Just submit a ticket to my trac with the install script.
Please use the last version of the prepscript as source.
I can make it available in trunk so multiple users can test it and report bugs.

Do understand that I have spend a lot of time on OTRW2 to reach its current state.
Switching to entware will again cost a lot of time.
Lately there is not much activity in DD-WRT forum.
I see that the number of install requests on my server are also decreasing.

And since BS decided to drop the FPU emulator in the kernel we are now only relying on kong.
Kong did report he is working on his own package source which could mean there is a future.
Meanwhile im still trying to build dd-wrt from so I can compile with the missing function
One of my testrigs is running my own build and I have optware working.
But recent changes force me to switch to another distro and I have not been successful.

This will be my main focus the next time.
hurleyp
DD-WRT User


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 425
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
basmaf wrote:
I see that the number of install requests on my server are also decreasing.


I haven't had to run an install for several weeks, as Take 2 has been running quite well for me. Smile I may reinstall on the weekend to pick up any improvements since the last install.
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 2448
Location: Third Rock from the Sun

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible to release the developmental build to all builds for testing?
_________________
Peacock Thread-FAQ -- dd-wrt Wiki

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
Bradford1040
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 17:05    Post subject: I would like some advice Reply with quote
I installed your script on my router and (with kong build 21395) and must say first off A+ job, I love it!

Now as I keep saying in other posts I am DD-Wrt noob and Linux knowledge helps me around and able to do most things but knowing what works best and which is the best service to install/run escapes me.

I have mypage and backupessential only running as of now, I am using my router as a dhcp with another router connected as switch only and a repeater connected to the switch. I have many items connected and run servers for 3 .coms (basically, a forum, personal site, and my Biz site)

What would be a program/service that would really help me and make life easier and more control over things and informative on who is doing what?

I understand allot use Transmission and I might as well and maybe even asiablock (dam bruteforce central there, lol) but the other services (besides http services which I don't need another site server),,, other services like portmap samba fixtables dbus and xinetd? what can they do for me? II even see automount but as the USB is already mounted that confuses me why it isn't running already or what I could use it for?

I have looked for a month on getting Optware installed on this WNDR3700v3 and now that I got it (and being all happy about it, lol) I can't figure out what to do with it lol

I know that most don't like leading anyone by the nose and saying here is what you do, but Please help me just get my feet wet!

_________________
Netgear WNDR3700v3
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/30/13) vpnkong - build 21395M
Kernel Version Linux 2.6.24.111 #464 Tue Apr 30 13:59:20 CEST 2013 mips
OTRW2 Installed
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dark_Shadow wrote:
Is it possible to release the developmental build to all builds for testing?


Guess you want to try the 3.* kernel
FPU is missing in the kernel config so it prolly won't work.

Please give the output of
uname -r
uname -a
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:54    Post subject: Re: I would like some advice Reply with quote
Bradford1040 wrote:
I installed your script on my router and (with kong build 21395) and must say first off A+ job, I love it!

Now as I keep saying in other posts I am DD-Wrt noob and Linux knowledge helps me around and able to do most things but knowing what works best and which is the best service to install/run escapes me.

I have mypage and backupessential only running as of now, I am using my router as a dhcp with another router connected as switch only and a repeater connected to the switch. I have many items connected and run servers for 3 .coms (basically, a forum, personal site, and my Biz site)

What would be a program/service that would really help me and make life easier and more control over things and informative on who is doing what?

I understand allot use Transmission and I might as well and maybe even asiablock (dam bruteforce central there, lol) but the other services (besides http services which I don't need another site server),,, other services like portmap samba fixtables dbus and xinetd? what can they do for me? II even see automount but as the USB is already mounted that confuses me why it isn't running already or what I could use it for?

I have looked for a month on getting Optware installed on this WNDR3700v3 and now that I got it (and being all happy about it, lol) I can't figure out what to do with it lol

I know that most don't like leading anyone by the nose and saying here is what you do, but Please help me just get my feet wet!


Small overview:
rotate_log = move the log file to /opt/var/log/
pixelserv = addblocking on you network.
unfsd = nfs server
zabbix = zabbix client (useless since its included in kong build)
pound = reverse proxy which you can use since you host multiple sites
sshhack = block ips hammering ssh with incorrect credentials.
stophack = BLock ips which are trying to hack server (only combined with pound or vlighttpd)
stophammer = block ips which are hammering ports

nzbget & transmission for downloading.
fixtables rearranges the firewall entries


basmaf..
Bradford1040
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 14:17    Post subject: Re: I would like some advice Reply with quote
Quote:

Small overview:
rotate_log = move the log file to /opt/var/log/
pixelserv = addblocking on you network.
unfsd = nfs server
zabbix = zabbix client (useless since its included in kong build)
pound = reverse proxy which you can use since you host multiple sites
sshhack = block ips hammering ssh with incorrect credentials.
stophack = BLock ips which are trying to hack server (only combined with pound or vlighttpd)
stophammer = block ips which are hammering ports

nzbget & transmission for downloading.
fixtables rearranges the firewall entries


basmaf..


Thank you, not a big deal but had to telnet
Code:
nvram set log_enable=1
nvram commit

to get stophammer set up, the gui enabled would not do it

also I still have to give you your props man this is one bad azz script saves a noob hours! A+ work!!

I still would like to know about the automount?
I have this Kong build and the drive is mounted fine and the OPT automount is disabled,
does it need to be enabled or is that for something else? Plus my router reports (2) USB ports but only has one,
you think I could mod in a second port? or you don't know or not sure?

_________________
Netgear WNDR3700v3
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/30/13) vpnkong - build 21395M
Kernel Version Linux 2.6.24.111 #464 Tue Apr 30 13:59:20 CEST 2013 mips
OTRW2 Installed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 62, 63, 64  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 41 of 64
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum