TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND hw rev. 1.8 and DD-WRT firmware

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
morrtz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would also like conformation, I have v1.9.
Sponsor
luxury54
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
v1.8 is working with all the 3 dd-wrt from this year although the device is loosing wireless connection on heavy wireless traffic ... the wireless dropped suddenly on my v1.8 as soon as I reached 4,5-5 MB/s wireless transfer rate, so I sold my unit because it's a hardware failure and not a dd-wrt or any software specific one because I installed also gargoyle and openwrt and many other users reported the same behaviour on other revisions as well.

strange is that WR941ND (very similar hardware) is not having this issue with any of it's hardware revisions and any of the 3-rd party softwares
csurata
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
-------------Deleted-------------------

Last edited by csurata on Wed May 01, 2013 14:16; edited 1 time in total
Armethyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
for everyone's question.
i'm using DD WRT on 1043ND V1.11(yea its crazy new)
installed the 11th of April version, 21223, it works alright although wifi speed isn't as high as previous version, but it seems more stable then before (aka not dying once every day or two.)

the way to work it out is to use that German version before installing any other DD WRT version on.
i didn't even try to work without the German, just went straight for the German. so far it didn't failed and works great, i believe that moving between versions shouldn't be trouble now....

its important i should WARN you guys.
when you want to go back to stock, DO NOT install any version, there is a specific version to move back to stock, otherwise that's brick for sure!
so just letting you all know
csurata
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
My special recommendation that would generally work for all of you is the following:
- If you already downgraded your boot loader with the german firmware, wait until a new DD-WRT beta arrives and after that please do: webrevert to factory, then upgrade to factory newest firmware so that you restore the new boot loader, then upgrade to dd-wrt with factory-to-ddwrt.bin

- If you have never downgraded your boot loader, then wait with the factory firmware until a new dd-wrt build arrives, then upgrade to factory newest and then upgrade to dd-wrt latest with factory-to-ddwrt.bin.

Any new DD-WRT that may appear after current ones are compatible with the newer TP-LINK firmware without problems. This case was thoroughly tested with developers and confirmed to be true.

I hope to have explained the situation so that it is now clear to everyone what you do to get it working and why it is not good.

Thanks for the quick response.
so you mean that these recommendations do not work?
Armethyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is the first time i hear about it.
since i haven't been here for a long time, well it sounds very promising!
could you direct me to the actual post to learn more?

I think if Chechu knows what he's saying ( i don't know the guy to be certain, but i doubt he has a reason to mislead us)
that's' great news! and i'd wanna know when would be a new firmware coming out after this post.

what i did, worked well for me, i can tell you for certainty. if he has a newer or more updated news. well that's great for both of us, what i am worry about is the wifi issues.
csurata
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry Armethyst the comment is at this address:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=724078#724078

Armethyst if you test the procedure be sure to tell us what happened Wink
Armethyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
most definitely! Smile
i'm eager to see any new improvements more then anyone, sick of wifi drops! Sad

*update*
seems i didn't notice Checho was on this post, and it even seems that there were some updates after that,
we could try the new firmwares of 2013 and see how it goes..
i'll try to look it up during the weekend since i'm way over my head during weekdays
csurata
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT User satisfied!

After much catching Gotta have my WR1043ND v1.8 S/N:12xxxx working.

I'll tell step by step I did.

The first thing was to install the latest version of Firmware TP-Link currently 130428> 30/30/30> then installed the official version at the time DDWRT 21061 - factory-to-ddwrt> did after 30/30/30.

My first problem was to find the address of the router after picking up a bit could 192.168.11.1 (this is very new to me)
------- Edited -----------
Another point worth mentioning is that the wlan was with the following name: 90F652B41D28
------- Edited -----------

One item that needs to be improved is the Regulatory Domain just to the United States? I need the Brazil ...

Here Wan only works if the DHCP addresses are automatic, manual does not work.

I am using my 1043nd as a repeater and funcioando yet, but I am analyzing their stability and can report later.

Thank you Team DD-WRT for the excellent work.
Armethyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you can please update me
on the wifi speed and stability, this is at top priority for me right now.

Thanks.
csurata
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Armethyst wrote:

Thanks.

Armethyst, stability and speed are excellent, better than the firmware tp-link, as I am using this router as a repeater, set up the antennas of senguinte form: TX=1 , RX = 1 +2 +3. I have done test with 5 connected clients and customers using torrents and everything worked perfectly.

I do not know if this is the correct setting with the most was that I got better results.

If someone can tell me what are the best settings for the use of antennas, please inform me.
Armethyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
csurata wrote:
Armethyst wrote:

Thanks.

Armethyst, stability and speed are excellent, better than the firmware tp-link, as I am using this router as a repeater, set up the antennas of senguinte form: TX=1 , RX = 1 +2 +3. I have done test with 5 connected clients and customers using torrents and everything worked perfectly.

I do not know if this is the correct setting with the most was that I got better results.

If someone can tell me what are the best settings for the use of antennas, please inform me.

as far as i know in this forum, no one knows the right settings, since the stability always fails after a while. aside from that. what are the transfer speeds you gain on over wifi?
i'll try to test it out tonight see how it goes, if it'll work well, Wow man, you made my week! Smile
csurata
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Armethyst wrote:
csurata wrote:
Armethyst wrote:

Thanks.

as far as i know in this forum, no one knows the right settings, since the stability always fails after a while. aside from that. what are the transfer speeds you gain on over wifi?
i'll try to test it out tonight see how it goes, if it'll work well, Wow man, you made my week! Smile

To download the speed of 2.5mb/s; Upload = 2.2mb/s. In fact the speed is measured from the repeater (1043nd) in Ap reaches 3.5 mb/s which is 10 meters from the repeater. **the AP and the repeater are connected via wireless.
Armethyst, Do not forget to tell us how was your experience with the 1043nd after the new network installation.
Armethyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
i was referring to internal network speed, and not external.
problem is with the 1043nd is that when you try to transfer data between computers or storage network etc, you get the router to jam up or give you speeds of upto 6.5-8mb a second which is really low.
so yea,
aside from that, i'll try it out in a few minutes and let you all know how it went.
Armethyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
just finished upgrading,
didn't do any 30/30/30 stuff.
just plain webrevert file(was on ddwrt 21223)>upgrade to latest tplink official version-130428>upgrading to dd wrt 21286 (latest-15/04)>configuring as i need (vpn works btw, its awesome) Smile
and transfer rate according to your configurations (TX=1 RX= 1+2+3) = 10mb almost steady. seems alright, lets see how long will it last.

so far i can't say anything bad, its all great and of course if any dev comes accord this post. THANK YOU!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: