RT-N66U Optware or Entware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dytanaka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:53    Post subject: RT-N66U Optware or Entware Reply with quote
Hi,

It's been a while since I have seen anything on the RT-N66U and Optware or Entware. I have been looking around and have not seen anyone been successful. The official thread now says Optware does not work on builds newer than 20006, which I can attest. I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/10/12) mega - build 20363 with the 64k fix. It has been running fine and stable. I know ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2580 has not been resolved either. But ater reading the official thread again it seems to imply the Entware will work. I was curious if anyone has been successful with a similar configuration on the RT-N66U with installing Entware?

Thanks

David
Sponsor
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Optware or Entware will not work because of ticket
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2753

Even when the kernel panic ticket is solved it will not work.
dytanaka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Basmaf, after reading the ticket, I am not sure I understand. Sorry I am a newbie, but are they saying that Optware and Entware is using older libraries that need to updated? Furthermore, dd-wrt will not be compatible till they do? One last question, are the prospects to Opt or Ent being compatible with RT-N66U dismal?
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
You would need to use a kong build.
Don't know if kong has the nvram fix.

Its a crap reason.
Search the otrw2 thread, have explained multiple times why it won't work
Otto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed Optware (ipkg-opt) to jffs on my n66u and it´s working fine. The 2580 ticket affects only ext2/ext3.

Do you know if you can use FAT formatted for sdcard optware installation (2GB would be better than 32MB...)?

Quote:
Search the otrw2 thread, have explained multiple times why it won't work

Can you _briefly_ summarize why this won´t work?
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brainslayer disabled the fpu emulator on the router.
This required for optware.
No won't work on fat no symlink support
cdturri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 22:58    Post subject: Re: RT-N66U Optware or Entware Reply with quote
dytanaka wrote:
Hi,

It's been a while since I have seen anything on the RT-N66U and Optware or Entware. I have been looking around and have not seen anyone been successful. The official thread now says Optware does not work on builds newer than 20006, which I can attest. I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/10/12) mega - build 20363 with the 64k fix. It has been running fine and stable. I know ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2580 has not been resolved either. But ater reading the official thread again it seems to imply the Entware will work. I was curious if anyone has been successful with a similar configuration on the RT-N66U with installing Entware?

Thanks

David

@dytanaka Any updates on this? Have you been able to run Optware on the Asus RT-N66U?

dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-nv64k.bin
Asus RT-N66U vB1
ryzhov_al
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 18:29    Post subject: Good news everyone Reply with quote
From now on, a soft-float Entware feed is available. Just prepare /opt partition and run:

Code:
wget -O - http://entware.wl500g.info/binaries/mipselsf/installer/entware_install.sh | sh

A full auto-generated package list is here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:09    Post subject: Re: Good news everyone Reply with quote
ryzhov_al wrote:
From now on, a soft-float Entware feed is available. Just prepare /opt partition and run:

Code:
wget -O - http://entware.wl500g.info/binaries/mipselsf/installer/entware_install.sh | sh

A full auto-generated package list is here.
Once I do this, how do I install the packages? (How does entware differ from optware?) Also, is this advice valid for Asus RT-AC66U too? And, has anyone tried the tor in this package?
ryzhov_al
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:57    Post subject: Re: Good news everyone Reply with quote
JN wrote:
Once I do this, how do I install the packages?
Please refer to opkg help.

JN wrote:
Also, is this advice valid for Asus RT-AC66U too?
As long as it's MIPSEL router, yes.

Navigation

Jump to: