RT-N66U Optware or Entware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Author Message
dytanaka
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:53    Post subject: RT-N66U Optware or Entware Reply with quote
Hi,

It's been a while since I have seen anything on the RT-N66U and Optware or Entware. I have been looking around and have not seen anyone been successful. The official thread now says Optware does not work on builds newer than 20006, which I can attest. I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/10/12) mega - build 20363 with the 64k fix. It has been running fine and stable. I know ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2580 has not been resolved either. But ater reading the official thread again it seems to imply the Entware will work. I was curious if anyone has been successful with a similar configuration on the RT-N66U with installing Entware?

Thanks

David
Sponsor
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Optware or Entware will not work because of ticket
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2753

Even when the kernel panic ticket is solved it will not work.
dytanaka
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Basmaf, after reading the ticket, I am not sure I understand. Sorry I am a newbie, but are they saying that Optware and Entware is using older libraries that need to updated? Furthermore, dd-wrt will not be compatible till they do? One last question, are the prospects to Opt or Ent being compatible with RT-N66U dismal?
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
You would need to use a kong build.
Don't know if kong has the nvram fix.

Its a crap reason.
Search the otrw2 thread, have explained multiple times why it won't work
Otto
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed Optware (ipkg-opt) to jffs on my n66u and it´s working fine. The 2580 ticket affects only ext2/ext3.

Do you know if you can use FAT formatted for sdcard optware installation (2GB would be better than 32MB...)?

Quote:
Search the otrw2 thread, have explained multiple times why it won't work

Can you _briefly_ summarize why this won´t work?
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brainslayer disabled the fpu emulator on the router.
This required for optware.
No won't work on fat no symlink support
cdturri
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 23 Nov 2013
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 22:58    Post subject: Re: RT-N66U Optware or Entware Reply with quote
dytanaka wrote:
Hi,

It's been a while since I have seen anything on the RT-N66U and Optware or Entware. I have been looking around and have not seen anyone been successful. The official thread now says Optware does not work on builds newer than 20006, which I can attest. I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/10/12) mega - build 20363 with the 64k fix. It has been running fine and stable. I know ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2580 has not been resolved either. But ater reading the official thread again it seems to imply the Entware will work. I was curious if anyone has been successful with a similar configuration on the RT-N66U with installing Entware?

Thanks

David



@dytanaka Any updates on this? Have you been able to run Optware on the Asus RT-N66U?

_________________

dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-nv64k.bin
Asus RT-N66U vB1
ryzhov_al
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Posts: 48
Location: Smolensk, Russia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 18:29    Post subject: Good news everyone Reply with quote
From now on, a soft-float Entware feed is available. Just prepare /opt partition and run:

Code:
wget -O - http://entware.wl500g.info/binaries/mipselsf/installer/entware_install.sh | sh


A full auto-generated package list is here.

_________________
The Entware. A modern Optware replacement.
JN
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 768

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:09    Post subject: Re: Good news everyone Reply with quote
ryzhov_al wrote:
From now on, a soft-float Entware feed is available. Just prepare /opt partition and run:

Code:
wget -O - http://entware.wl500g.info/binaries/mipselsf/installer/entware_install.sh | sh


A full auto-generated package list is here.
Once I do this, how do I install the packages? (How does entware differ from optware?) Also, is this advice valid for Asus RT-AC66U too? And, has anyone tried the tor in this package?
ryzhov_al
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Posts: 48
Location: Smolensk, Russia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:57    Post subject: Re: Good news everyone Reply with quote
JN wrote:
Once I do this, how do I install the packages?
Please refer to opkg help.

JN wrote:
Also, is this advice valid for Asus RT-AC66U too?
As long as it's MIPSEL router, yes.
_________________
The Entware. A modern Optware replacement.
Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum