TL-WR841N(D) v8 - Worldwide version - Fundraiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
woxy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stupifier wrote:
woxy wrote:
1. After changing in main AP to WDS enable, DD-WRT was'nt able to connect. Connecting and disconnecting right away, as mentioned abowe.
Also WAN from static IP changed to "Disabled"

Don't like the sound of that

You set Main router to WDS AP and 2nd router to WDS Station, right? You sure both of your routers are Atheros? I was going to follow the following WDS guide (linked below) to get mine setup (TL-WR841N v8.3 + TL-WR841ND v8.1).

www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_Linked_router_network
But from what I gather, this does not work for you?

I've tried to set WDS between FritzBox 7270 as main AP and WR841 as station, and FB 7270 it's probably not on Atheros chipset.

I was able to manage WDS between FB 7270 and Speedport W500V (based on Broadcom chip) but only with WEP encryption, so I've tried do same with WR841 (but for now, with no luck).

But I'll try again to setup WDS with my FB7270 and WR841, maybe it can work together.

With 2 TP-Links, WDS probably will work as it should,
but I haven't tried this.
Sponsor
fishxz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
belezao wrote:
Did somebody flash version 8.0 without problems?

yes, me.
belezao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
fishxz wrote:
belezao wrote:
Did somebody flash version 8.0 without problems?

yes, me.

Thanks.
woxy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those who may want to go back to TP-Link on WR841 v8 without webrevert file, here is the solution (I've just tested it succesfully on my own WR841n V8 ):

1. Download WinSCP and Putty (if you are using Windows machine).
2. Enable SSH and Telnet on DD-wrt.
3. Connect PC with router with LAN cable.
4. Download orig firmware from TP-LINK, extract and change name for more convinient for example: tplink.bin
5. Connect with WinSCP with SCP file protocol to router.
6. Transfer tplink.bin from PC to /tmp directory on router.
7. Close WinSCP, run Putty and connect to router with Telnet type connection.
8. While logged on router type the following command

mtd -r write /tmp/tplink.bin linux

and hit enter.

Now wait for a while. The Putty will close by itself, now observe diodes on router. They will eventually blink once all together, and this will be sing that router just rebooted.

Done, just go web browser and open 192.168.0.1.
Voila' TP-Link is back Smile
fishxz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
since i switched to ddwrt my wlan is very unstable. i get 1-2 times per hour connection losts. my quality is at 60% and the router is 2m away.
dhruv52004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 16:13    Post subject: Loved it ! Reply with quote
OMG, my router just turned from just another router to a super router Cool
Using TL-WR841N v8.3 along with a cable connection(Hathway) !! Perfect Signal quality actually better than stock firmware and no auto disconnect anymore !! Overall works awesome!!

Only one weird thing when I open my list of connections it shows that my network is 802.11g which is weird if someone has a suggestion to that ,let me know !!
Stupifier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
woxy wrote:
But I'll try again to setup WDS with my FB7270 and WR841, maybe it can work together.

I haven't done this before, but I imagine it will be difficult to setup WDS between routers of different chipsets (Atheros and Broadcom). Good luck to you.

I'll try WDS with my 2 TP-Links and report my results when I get time to mess around with it.
woxy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like WDS with Fritzbox is not possible.
At least as far as I've tried today (haven't yet used LAZY WDS mode, but on Broadcom WDS worked without that mode).
Just enabling WDS on FB AP results that DD-WRT cannot connect to AP no mater how I set WiFi in WR841 (Client, Bridged, WDS Station). It finds WiFi network, but shows 0% of signal and cannot connect.

Another router that I have is based on Broadcom, and it can connect as WDS, or Client Bridged even with WDS enabled on FB, but for WR841 WDS enabled on AP seems to be problem. After disabling WDS on AP, WR841 immediately finds and joins to FB AP (as Client or Client Bridged).
So something is wrong in firmware maybe, that DD-wrt on WR841 doesn't like enabled WDS mode on AP (even if DD-WRT is not set to work in WDS).

Next thing is that on main AP, I cannot see connected Client which is WR841, simply WLAN connections list is empty, as if there is nothing connected. But of course WR841 is connected, and has Internet access etc. Is this a BUG?
fishxz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 18:35    Post subject: Re: Loved it ! Reply with quote
dhruv52004 wrote:
Using TL-WR841N v8.3 along with a cable connection(Hathway) !! Perfect Signal quality actually better than stock firmware and no auto disconnect anymore !! Overall works awesome!!

Only one weird thing when I open my list of connections it shows that my network is 802.11g which is weird if someone has a suggestion to that ,let me know !!

sry, but where can i find this lit of connection? i dont find a list where i can see my connection speed like 802.11g
woxy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got WDS working between FB7270 and WR841 Smile

1. WR841 as WDS AP - not WDS station
2. WDS LAN MAC on wr841
3. Encryption - disabled
4. At least for now, I've TX showed as 1Mbit
5. Overall copy speed is about 1MB/s (while in Client mode is about 2.5-3.5MB).
dhruv52004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 0:41    Post subject: Re: Loved it ! Reply with quote
fishxz wrote:
dhruv52004 wrote:

sry, but where can i find this lit of connection? i dont find a list where i can see my connection speed like 802.11g

Well I'm currently using windows8, wherein In the list of wifi networks I just hover over my network connection name(wifi name) it's shows the type of connection or you could use some network discovery tools.
hobbitz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
woxy wrote:
For those who may want to go back to TP-Link on WR841 v8 without webrevert file, here is the solution (I've just tested it succesfully on my own WR841n V8 ):

1. Download WinSCP and Putty (if you are using Windows machine).
2. Enable SSH and Telnet on DD-wrt.
3. Connect PC with router with LAN cable.
4. Download orig firmware from TP-LINK, extract and change name for more convinient for example: tplink.bin
5. Connect with WinSCP with SCP file protocol to router.
6. Transfer tplink.bin from PC to /tmp directory on router.
7. Close WinSCP, run Putty and connect to router with Telnet type connection.
8. While logged on router type the following command

mtd -r write /tmp/tplink.bin linux

and hit enter.

Now wait for a while. The Putty will close by itself, now observe diodes on router. They will eventually blink once all together, and this will be sing that router just rebooted.

Done, just go web browser and open 192.168.0.1.
Voila' TP-Link is back Smile

Thanks. I was thinking about using pumpkin but this method sounds safer.

May I ask which TP-LINK firmware file ? The one with the _boot or without the _boot in the file name.
woxy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
hobbitz wrote:

May I ask which TP-LINK firmware file ? The one with the _boot or without the _boot in the file name.

I've used this one without boot word, but I haven't tried if one with boot causes any problems.

The "boot" word is crucial, when flashing back to TP-LINK from OpenWRT GUI. Then You must have original firmware without "boot".
hobbitz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
woxy wrote:
hobbitz wrote:

I've used this one without boot word, but I haven't tried if one with boot causes any problems.

The "boot" word is crucial, when flashing back to TP-LINK from OpenWRT GUI. Then You must have original firmware without "boot".

Thanks.
kalhimeo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just flashed it on my TL-WR841N 8.0, configuring...
Seems to work fine to far.
Thank you very much guys, you are amazing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 22
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: