Joined: 26 Nov 2008 Posts: 700 Location: Toronto, Canada
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 17:02 Post subject: E3000 openvpn FAIL
Testing on E3000 openvpn build....openVPN service fails to start using GUI still only using certs and UDP TUN mode...nothing showing in openVPN status page...how is this working on e4200 and not on e3000? _________________
Hardware that works for me:
RT-N66U MerlinWRT 188.8.131.52.374.33_beta3b
E3000 WDS Kong v21661
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 14:03 Post subject: some more test results
I'm testing your build 20202 (mega) on RT-N16 and so far have the following results:
* 3G usb modems: usb_modeswitch fails to find any devices because it fails to read descriptors thus cannot change the usb stick's mode. I opened ticket 2736 on Trac descibing the dependecy on libusb for that but was told Trac is not for private builds.
* huwai modem init string: a ^ character in modem init string needs to be escaped by another ^ in netmode.comgt, otherwise it is translated
* FPU emulation: was switched off in kernel for bcm47xx, however I'm unable to find any precompiled optware with soft emulation in toolchain; this breaks a number of optware packages.
Maybe for a better transition an fpu-enabled build would be great (on mega?)
* any network topology change (also on WAN) makes my local network ssh session loose connection
* despite STP switched off, the bridge ports go through STP (no fast forwarding ?); maybe the reason for connection losses as well
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:50 Post subject: Re: USB
This build seem stable but unfortunatly is not mounting
fine the USB key to run Optware.
I work since long time with RT N-16 and all work very fine
on this model, so what is the problem with E4200?
is ther a reliable firmware for this router ?
Running this on two of my E4200s, with great results. Seems like the most stable build so far!
I have noticed, however, that when choosing "upper" or "lower" for the 40MHz channels, it actually ends up the opposite of what I expect. For example, if I choose Channel 11 and "upper" I see 11 + 7 on my signal scan. Isn't 7 lower than 11? Or am I misunderstanding how it's supposed to work?
I'm having similar issue but with the 5 GHz channels. Just an example, wireless channel 44, 40 Mhz and lower comes up as 44+46 in status, wireless. However when you scan the SSID it comes up as 44+48 which is what I want. _________________