E4200 Not Working After a couple of hours.....PLEASE HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nicosilber
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 22:47    Post subject: E4200 Not Working After a couple of hours.....PLEASE HELP Reply with quote
Yesterday I flashed my router(with trailed version from wiki). Router was working good. Today morning I left to office and everything was fine. Now I just returned home and I had no internet.

So I unplugged the AC from router and re-connected. Nothing happens.

I disconnected AC power from my cable modem and reconnected and nothing happens.

I reseted my ruter from reset button and nothing happens.

I can access to 192.168.1.1. I thought maybe I had a problem which would be solved if I upgrade with A newer version.

So I flashed again with a new version and did it successfully but still no internet.

I also performed a hard reset 30/30/30….but nothing happens.

So I thought maybe it was a problem of my internet connection and not the router itself so I connected the cable from cable modem to the PC directly (without passing through the router) and I could connect to the internet. I don’t know what to do???

Is it possible my router is bricked but I can still access to 192.168.1.1??? Would really appreciate your help in this.

What it’s weird in my case is that I had the router working for 10 hours and then its all gone. Is it possible that the router bricks once it has been flashed sucesfully??? (I am now connected without the router..connected again the cable from cable modem to PC)

Best Regards and appreciate your help!
Sponsor
duncanidahoe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 23:18    Post subject: Any help yet??? Reply with quote
Any help yet or did you get it fixed?

4 wrt160n v3 w/ BrainSlayer dd-wrt.v24-15778_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin

2 wrt320n w/ BrainSlayer dd-wrt v24-15778 NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin

wndr3300 w/ dd-wrt.v24-14583_NEWD_std-nokaid_nohotspot_nostor.bin

wrt54g v6 w/ Brainslayer 14594 dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin

wrt400n w/ 21676 build

Peacock Thread | BrainSlayer Builds | Eko Builds
gambitmac
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:53    Post subject: Re: E4200 Not Working After a couple of hours.....PLEASE HEL Reply with quote
nicosilber wrote:
Yesterday I flashed my router(with trailed version from wiki). Router was working good. Today morning I left to office and everything was fine. Now I just returned home and I had no internet.

So I unplugged the AC from router and re-connected. Nothing happens.

I disconnected AC power from my cable modem and reconnected and nothing happens.

I reseted my ruter from reset button and nothing happens.

I can access to 192.168.1.1. I thought maybe I had a problem which would be solved if I upgrade with A newer version.

So I flashed again with a new version and did it successfully but still no internet.

I also performed a hard reset 30/30/30….but nothing happens.

So I thought maybe it was a problem of my internet connection and not the router itself so I connected the cable from cable modem to the PC directly (without passing through the router) and I could connect to the internet. I don’t know what to do???

Is it possible my router is bricked but I can still access to 192.168.1.1??? Would really appreciate your help in this.

What it’s weird in my case is that I had the router working for 10 hours and then its all gone. Is it possible that the router bricks once it has been flashed sucesfully??? (I am now connected without the router..connected again the cable from cable modem to PC)

Best Regards and appreciate your help!

It's possible, the light on the e4200 will be flashing if it bricked. RU able to ping the router?

I have bricked my E42PP and recovered multiple time.

Navigation

Jump to: