E4200 SVN 20801 / WRT320N SVN 20801 (5GHz, CB and DDNS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
imy3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
freddyemmer wrote:
so tried your idea but still no connection, i can see it with th site survey but it just won't bridge the connection, even when i see that they are on the exact same channel.

Does it mather i use the same ssid for both network interfaces?

:UPDATE

I got it working but with WDS instead of client bridge, they now connect but now i need to fine tune what channel to use and what security for best performance.

any ideas?

Read the Client Bridge or repeater WIKI and try again with Client Bridge.

It is a MUST to have the SSID, encryption and password for both the client Bridge and the main router band you plan to use. So on 5Ghz bands you want to bridge they should be same SSID, encryption and password. SSID should be exact, it is case sensitive.
Also the channel should be the same as already mentioned.
Sponsor
freddyemmer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes i know how cruccialy those attributes are im starting to believe its a issue between the chips. On wds mode it is only working on 161, 165 and 184 all the others channels dont give a working connection.

Currently back on the 2.4 ghz bridge because the speed is higher then on the wds connection.

If anyone has ideas that are not on the wikki or the peacock post please let me know cause im out of ideas.
imy3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
freddyemmer wrote:
Yes i know how cruccialy those attributes are im starting to believe its a issue between the chips. On wds mode it is only working on 161, 165 and 184 all the others channels dont give a working connection.

Currently back on the 2.4 ghz bridge because the speed is higher then on the wds connection.

If anyone has ideas that are not on the wikki or the peacock post please let me know cause im out of ideas.

Is wrt320n dual band.
DD-WRT database suggest to be singleband although linksys says dual band.

WRT320N 1.0 Q87-WRT320N Broadcom BCM4717A@354 32 8 Internal Broadcom b/g/n - 1 1 4 LAN 1 WAN 12V 1A Gb WAN & LAN K26 build 12956

Could be in dd-wrt it does not support dual band. I have read on some dual band routers 5ghz does not work with dd-wrt installed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: