TL-WR841N(D) v8 - Worldwide version - Fundraiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
HAZArD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:23    Post subject: Re: TL-WR841ND v8.1 OpenWrt to DD-WRT Reply with quote
allexradu wrote:
*Thanks* to HAZArD I've upgraded to OpenWRT, thinking is the beautiful interface DD-WRT, not something fugly like OpenWRT.

Can someone tell me if the version for the 7.0 firmware works on TL-WR841ND v8.1 build and how can I upgrade to it without bricking my brand new router, I understand that SSH is involved, I've seen something similar for other router.

Can you guys help me, I hate OpenWRT. Just so you know it works perfectly but it's unrefined and all the training I did on the demo of DD-WRT is not helping me me a bit.

If don't like it you can always revert back to the original fw
PS: anyway u're right when you say "fugly interface" but I can reply "something is better than nothing"
Sponsor
Hyperlink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I just upgraded my old WRT54GL to a TL-WR841N v8.2. It's a pretty nice router. I'll be checking this page periodically in case donations open up again.

Regards,

Hyperlink
Routerbro27
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
The international version seems certainly capable of running dd-wrt, it isn't vs works and has more ram than the China version... Where can I help out by donating so I can get dd-wrt on this faster? Bought this to replace a dir-601. Great router but I was disappointed when I found out v8 was not yet supported. OpenWRT is nice but boy do I miss dd-wrt. So is it actually possible to run dd-wrt for v7 on this successfully?
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why close the Trac ticket for request? you just did the same thing yourself for another router.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news? I would like to understand if it's an hardware support problem or a loader problem. Isn't the international v8 hardware quite similar of v7 version?
Stupifier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
My v8.1 Router just came in today. Ordered it off Amazon blindly thinking I would get a version compatible with DD-WRT. Damn. Hope to see some progress here.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
no donation->no port ever!
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's some detailed informations and photos of v8 hardware. Maybe can this informations help you with port https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=945230&fcc_id=TE7WR841NXV8
Stefan.sz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
no donation->no port ever!

That means still nobody donated his router?It seems many people want to donate but they can't find a proper way...How long can you publish the firmware after receiving the router?Thanks a lot~ Wink
Takv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump!
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
One who wants to donate a router may send it in a regular postage to the following address:

NewMedia-NET GmbH
Berliner Ring 101
64625 Bensheim
Germany

Preferred donations are from the European Union so that both sides don't deal with customs, content explanations etc. If there is a requirement that you write how much does the postage cost, then write for example 5 EUR and say it is a used device for a gift.

Put the router together with a power supply in the smallest possible but yet safe package. Original packaging would make the postal service expensive because there is too much space waste in it and it is much bigger.

Donation is a one way only thing. You will never get your hardware back. You would be helping a community project.
Also you have to note that donation does not oblige them to certainly create support if it turns out that it is not possible. I am saying the last as a precaution so that nobody blames nobody if something goes wrong. Although it is not expected that support of this router fails because it does even have JTAG.

Answers if it is delivered or not may be acquired from info at dd-wrt.com.

The time frame is as follows:

day #1 - you decide to make the gift, pack it, go to post office, leave it there
day #10-14 - it is received in Germany and they start working on them

any day after these - hopefully they publish a testing firmware on the forum or they publish a new build tree on the ftp server and it should be supported there.
Stefan.sz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for reponse!
I appreciate you community to creat dd-wrt firmware voluntarily for increasing the router's appearence.
I'm a novice here,so I want to know what is the most attractive function in dd-wrt?i.e why so many guys what to use dd-wrt?
Thanks a lot Wink
ale_ax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Put the router together with a power supply in the smallest possible but yet safe package. Original packaging would make the postal service expensive because there is too much space waste in it and it is much bigger.

I'm planning to donate a used or new TL-WR841ND v8.1 router, probably my supplier will send directly the router to NewMedia with the original package Wink
Hyperlink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:48    Post subject: thank you! Reply with quote
ale_ax wrote:
checho wrote:

I'm planning to donate a used or new TL-WR841ND v8.1 router, probably my supplier will send directly the router to NewMedia with the original package Wink

Thank you! Please keep us posted! If anyone in the EU starts a donation drive I'll gladly donate.

Regards,

Hyperlink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 22
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: