Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 14:30 Post subject: 802.11N Failure
Anyone had troubles in N band after upgrading to 19519 ?
My router now only works if I set it to "Mixed" or "G/N" or Only G...
When I set it (like before) with option "N Only", no ones can connect.
I already delete and recreate configs in computer, cell phones, notebook, and even in the router, but no sucess.
Some hints will be appreciated
Load r20119 and now it is working again. dd-wrt web interface can be access. I apply the 30-30-30 with the wps in the front instead of the reset button at the bottom, then start the firmware restoration program to to r20119 and it works.
Can you explain the process ? I use "erase nvram" from within putty as compared to 30-30-30 method.
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 Post subject: ITS AMAZING!
@ yutoon I was reluctant too, but OpenWRT is truly amazing and not comparable to the buggy, restricted DD-WRT. You would feel like a real linux machine rather than something with NVRAM commit and all that crap.
you could easily get minidlna, transmission, asterisk and many more without having to worry about anything.
@ amitg0123 I really appreciate the switch to OpenWRT and thanks for all the hard work bro.
I also tried OpenWRT. Im not in the mood to learn how to use it. If I move to another software, i will move to pfsense and a small old pc.
Anyway, amitg helped me to build the latest firmware with swap enabled. I kept all functions of his last version with exception of the dropbearmulti patch. I also updated the mppe in config file so we can use pptp with encryption enabled.
Wow, so there are now four FW versions to choose from for the b1?! That's awesome.
Here in the US, routers with gigabit ports, USB, and tons of RAM are becoming available for ~$40 US. But these little b1's are powerful enough to keep around for other uses. Ex. With swap, mythtv (backend only, of course) and a cheap USB-to-HDMI adapter, I'm wondering why it couldn't be used as a standalone HTPC.
@facsi, thank you for the latest contribution. When amitg wrote "but yes it's not that simple," it made me think again about what I would do with a .trx file I managed to build. Takes a lotta balls to flash a self-built file. On brick, don't know if I would go to the trouble of attaching a Jtag to fix.
Thanks again, amitg (and grymster also), for the earlier builds and for the port to OpenWRT. With all the positive comments about it, I'm committed to give it a try (sometime).