Buffalo D1800H issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 20:09    Post subject: Buffalo D1800H issues Reply with quote
I flashed DD-wrt 19364_buffalo_ac.bin (resets done) my d1800H with no issues at all

Setup wl0 as a backbone - set it to N only 5G 80Mhz wpa2 aes

Setup wl1 as N only 2.4Ghz

I am using a Buffalo bridge D1300.

First I wanted to flash the same firmware i put on the 1800, it would not take on the D1300 - error was invalid firmware.

Secondly - the best speed I can get is 250Mbps (as read in dd-wrt

Any assistance would be appreciated
Sponsor
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 21:56    Post subject: Re: Buffalo D1800H issues Reply with quote
dellsweig wrote:
I flashed DD-wrt 19364_buffalo_ac.bin (resets done) my d1800H with no issues at all

First I wanted to flash the same firmware i put on the 1800, it would not take on the D1300 - error was invalid firmware.

To flash the DD-WRT Buffalo router firmware to the media bridge requires access to the serial console port in the bridge. Not only does the Buffalo factory firmware check for encryption, it also performs an ID check ... hence the "invalid firmware" message you got.

Have you gotten inside the bridge yet?

- Magnetron1.1
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 22:05    Post subject: Re: Buffalo D1800H issues Reply with quote
Magnetron1.1 wrote:
dellsweig wrote:

To flash the DD-WRT Buffalo router firmware to the media bridge requires access to the serial console port in the bridge. Not only does the Buffalo factory firmware check for encryption, it also performs an ID check ... hence the "invalid firmware" message you got.

Have you gotten inside the bridge yet?

- Magnetron1.1

Did a little tweaking and now am getting 840Mbps between the router and bridge with the bridge running stock firmware

The dd-wrt web gui is slow - just wondering if its the build or the router
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 22:21    Post subject: Re: Buffalo D1800H issues Reply with quote
dellsweig wrote:

Did a little tweaking and now am getting 840Mbps between the router and bridge with the bridge running stock firmware

I was on the factory firmware just long enough to get off of it.

Let me know if you decide to open the box as I can probably save you some grief.

To get maximum performance requires experimenting with the channel frequencies, control channel settings, and box orientation relative to each other.

- Magnetron1.1
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 13:00    Post subject: Re: Buffalo D1800H issues Reply with quote
Magnetron1.1 wrote:
dellsweig wrote:

I was on the factory firmware just long enough to get off of it.

Let me know if you decide to open the box as I can probably save you some grief.

To get maximum performance requires experimenting with the channel frequencies, control channel settings, and box orientation relative to each other.

- Magnetron1.1

Thanks - I have found the sweet spot (channel, orientation etc) and have this running quite nicly.

I was under the assumption that the same .enc file I used on the router would work on the AC1300 bridge - BS implied that much. I really dont want to open the box if I dont have to and I really dislike the stock firmware GUI.

Overall - impressive performance - I am spanning about a 100 foot run with several walls between the router and bridge and even with a 30% signal and getting consistent 800Mbps in the 5Ghz backbone link.

I am going to play around a little getting barry's backup scripts working on a flash card pluged into the device....

Thanks again to BS (for the builds) and everyone else for their help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: