WZR-D1800H support??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:37    Post subject: WZR-D1800H support?? Reply with quote
Greetings

Just acquired one of these new DRAFT 802.11ac/n dual radio routers.

I was wondering if any work has been done to implement DD-WRT on this device?

I would have no problem working with test code as this is not my primary router.

I didnt see an entry in the router database as this device is pretty new.

Thanks
Sponsor
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't bother looking in the data bases for the firmware ... it's not there. Here's a link to BrainSlayer's latest post with the firmware links. I would suggest you read the thread (14 pages). Should you decide to roll back to the stock firmware see my post here. Unfortunately DD-WRT didn't provide a way to load the encrypted factory firmware.

- Magnetron1.1
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Magnetron1.1 wrote:
Don't bother looking in the data bases for the firmware ... it's not there. Here's a link to BrainSlayer's latest post with the firmware links. I would suggest you read the thread (14 pages). Should you decide to roll back to the stock firmware see my post here. Unfortunately DD-WRT didn't provide a way to load the encrypted factory firmware.

- Magnetron1.1

THANKS - stumbled across that thread and have been reading and downloading both BS build for the device and your unencrypted restores....

I have one of the 1300 wireless bridges too. Is there any advantage to flashing that to dd-wrt?? I am wondering if it will connect to the D1800H as a bridge with the stock firmware.....
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Magnetron1.1 wrote:

- Magnetron1.1

Do you know if this device has a serial port built into one of the LAN connections (rj45) or do I have to open it up and add a JTAG header
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
@dellsweig

The DD-WRT router firmware can be flashed to the media bridge. The router does not have a JTAG port or serial port built into LAN ethernet ports. It does have a serial console port inside with male pins soldered to the board. I very much dislike the Buffalo web GUI. I have 5 of the Buffalo routers and 1 media bridge. 3 of the routers are configured as repeater bridges. I'm getting 866 to 1300 Mb/s connection speeds between them. There appears to be a JTAG port inside with no pins soldered to it. I'm not aware of any JTAG software that is compatible with the BCM4706 CPU chip at the present.

- Magnetron1.1
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Magnetron1.1 wrote:
@dellsweig

The DD-WRT router firmware can be flashed to the media bridge. The router does not have a JTAG port or serial port built into LAN ethernet ports. It does have a serial console port inside with male pins soldered to the board. I very much dislike the Buffalo web GUI. I have 5 of the Buffalo routers and 1 media bridge. 3 of the routers are configured as repeater bridges. I'm getting 866 to 1300 Mb/s connection speeds between them. There appears to be a JTAG port inside with no pins soldered to it. I'm not aware of any JTAG software that is compatible with the BCM4706 CPU chip at the present.

- Magnetron1.1

Awesome

Thanks for taking the time here.

I have been using dd-wrt on linky 54g's, 310 and 320's for years - so flashing (and recovery) are not an issue.... I think over the years I only had one box I could not recover...

Any hints tips on the flash process for the buffalo??
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
dellsweig wrote:

Awesome

I have been using dd-wrt on linky 54g's, 310 and 320's for years - so flashing (and recovery) are not an issue.... I think over the years I only had one box I could not recover...

If flashing back to the Buffalo f/w just be patient.

- Magnetron1.1
DaveTheNerd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
...and let's hope that BrainSlayer can find the time to release an update for the Buffalo WZR-D1800H for us. I know I'm not alone when I say that I sure would appreciate that!
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
DaveTheNerd wrote:
...and let's hope that BrainSlayer can find the time to release an update for the Buffalo WZR-D1800H for us. I know I'm not alone when I say that I sure would appreciate that!

Agreed - I have another thread with some IPTABLES issues I an running into - behavior that is different from other builds for other devices

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=167260&sid=6331491f92beddc88c9fe12e827739bb
DRAGO.NET
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Magnetron1.1 wrote:
dellsweig wrote:

Awesome

If flashing back to the Buffalo f/w just be patient.

- Magnetron1.1

as a patient?

there is a way to put DD-WRT ????

DRAGO.NET wrote:
Malachi wrote:
You tried using the firmware magnetron provided?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=25793

I revive the router with firmware 1.1 Magnetron "encrypted firmwares ddwrt2buff_d1800h191fw_m.bin"
But now I can not forgive fimware DD-Wrt ..
Ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: