Just to clear some confusion about e2000 builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Scoty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:48    Post subject: Just to clear some confusion about e2000 builds Reply with quote
First of all I wanna say sorry that I don't have the time and may be the brain capacity to understand which build is save to flash and which is not so I better ask.

First of all the wiki says the I should only flash builds with e2k-e3k in the name.
However the new BrainSlayer builds have no files with that strings in their filename...

As far as I have read in the forum it is save to flash nv60k builds if you are on the recommended dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-e2k-e3k build(as it even has some kind of fail safe mechanic which prevents the wrong files from being flashed).

But just to be 100% sure I wanna ask:
Do I need to flash the trailed dd-wrt.v24-20453_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2000.bin first and then dd-wrt.v24-20453_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-nv60k.bin to get the latest 20453 build OR it is save to flash with the dd-wrt.v24-20453_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-nv60k.bin only ?
Sponsor
Scoty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am retarded sorry:

Quote:
Additional Note for E2000 E3000 and E4200 etc. users:
Do the initial flash with the trailed build that contains your router model number...(example...xxx_e2000.bin for a E2000 model) Once you have done the initial flash...you can upgrade firmware using the build that contains xxx_e2k_e3k.bin for all subsequent flashes. (If you are using a 16758 or higher build, which is newer than is recommended, you must use a nv60k build rather than the e2k-e3k build - See the wiki for your router and this post: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=148350)

Builds with nv60k in the name can only be used with routers that have a 60k nvram space. Builds with nv64k in the name can only be used on routers that have a 64k nvram space. If you use one of these builds and your router doesn't support it, you will brick your router and will need a serial cable to fix it. If you don't use one of these builds and your router needs it, you will brick your router and will need a serial cable to fix it. These nv60k/nv64k are only being used in very new routers, and the need to use these builds, if it applies to your router SHOULD be explained in the wiki for your router. No k24 supported routers use nv60/nv64.

See this thread for specific models that must use nv60 or nv64 builds:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156851

Please delete this topic.
As general conclusion:
People SHOULD read the peacock topic, EVEN if it looks like it is OUTDATED it is NOT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: