SetUp Help Please ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
robinhood1701
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 19:52    Post subject: SetUp Help Please ? Reply with quote
I have a spare router, a TP-LINK 1043ND loaded with dd wrt V24-sp2 (08 07 10) std - build 14896 (pretty sure that's right version info) which i would like to use as a bridge or AP, i have already have a router configured as a wired bridge/AP, connected to my router by ethernet cable, which i can access wired or wireless, and also a Edimax Wirless Repeater connected to my router in the same way, it works well, thats why i'd like to do the same thing with the TP-LINK 1043ND, thats why i installed dd wrt to give me that capability as a bridge/AP.

Not sure which dd wrt method to use, Wireless Access Point,

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point#Introduction

or Repeater Bridge,

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

I've tried Repeater Bridge, but got lost, the instructions on the above link, don't seem to be the same as what i get accessing my 1043ND, such as in "Default Gateway Mode : manual" or "Gateway : Point to Gateway for network, usually IP of primary router" that part lists 8 options, i can only see 4 on my 1043ND ?

Then i saw Wireless Access Point, which from the diagram seems the same as i have now, but havent tried, am a bit of a noob, trying to learn, can anyone advise the best method or help please ?
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Checked out current version, it is dd wrt V24-sp2 (08 07 10) std - build 1489, but when i try to find the latest version thru the router database i get the same one again ?
(see router DB)
Can you point me to latest version pls ?
Must be missing some think ??
robinhood1701
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a thought, my 1043ND is V1.8, router database says V1.1/1.4, will that make a difference ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: