Belkin F7D8301 v1 - same mac on 2.4ghz and 5ghz radios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
su_A_ve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:31    Post subject: Belkin F7D8301 v1 - same mac on 2.4ghz and 5ghz radios Reply with quote
I successfully installed build 18946 (mini, then big).

At one point I wondered why there was a virtual wireless interface - which of course I deleted.

In the end, both wireless radios ended with the same mac address.

How do you change this? Or do I need to create the virtual interface?

I resetted NVRAM and reloaded the mini build but both macs are still the same and no virtual interface.

I tried restoring to the belkin firmware but it's not taking - wonder if I have the correct one.

Any ideas? Embarassed
Sponsor
su_A_ve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update..

Was able to restore it to Belkin's firmware. That one, properly has two different mac addresses for each radio.

I then reinstalled mini and then big dd-wrt, and still showing one mac address on both. Note that it did not create the virtual interface.

TIA.
su_A_ve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
ARGH!!

Now the sucker is dead. No lights no nothing. Did a 30/30/30 and tried to get to CFI but nothing. 2 months old.
torankusu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi All,

I'm having this same issue.
The router bricked once and i had to go into serial ttl and erase nvram and ifconfig.

On tomato firmware it shows different mac for both radios but on ddwrt now shows same mac for both radios.

Any ideas anyone? i have done 30/30/30 many times. im on r21676 currently.

Thanks.
torankusu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
torankusu wrote:
Hi All,

I'm having this same issue.
The router bricked once and i had to go into serial ttl and erase nvram and ifconfig.

On tomato firmware it shows different mac for both radios but on ddwrt now shows same mac for both radios.

Any ideas anyone? i have done 30/30/30 many times. im on r21676 currently.

Thanks.

Hi all,

upgraded to r25279.

Same issue still present. eth1 and eth2 have same mac address.
workaround: go to setup, Clone mac address tab, enable and change wireless mac to whatever you like.

Now i'm able to see both eth1 and eth2 simultaneously.

But even on this firmware i still have eth1/2.4ghz stuck on channel 1 and eth2/5.0ghz on channel 149, (setting channel to AUTO works) regardless what channel is set under wireless tab. It works fine on channel 1 as well as channel 149 but im assuming this should be fixed sometime in the future..

NOTE: flashed back to belkin firmware as well as tomatousb by shibby and this problem is only present on DD-WRT.

Thanks[/b]

Last edited by torankusu on Sat Nov 08, 2014 19:50; edited 1 time in total
torankusu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 19:23    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote
UPDATE: ok so there is definitely some DDWRT support issue with this router, when rebooting the router i can see ETH1 displaying the right Mac address (this is without doing the workaround) for a few seconds then it changes to the same mac address that ETH2 has once the router is stable.
Laurelwood
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting. I check my F7D8302 (with build r21061). The eth1 and eth2 mac addresses are the same, just like the wl0/wl1 from the UI page (Status -> Wireless).
It seems not cause issue though. Given wl0 is for 2.4GHz while wl1 is for 5GHz, they won't collide externally (in air interface).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: