Cisco E4200 Antenna Mod Questions Please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mmakam2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:36    Post subject: Cisco E4200 Antenna Mod Questions Please help Reply with quote
So i ordered some rp-sma bulkhead connectors, and I see 6 antenna connections inside this router. I was wondering if you guys knew which ones did what. The only one i need to use are the 2.4ghz G and N, I don't need the 5ghz antenna. On the picture below does anyone know which ones are for the 2.4ghz chips?

Sponsor
wouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can flip of the cover of the amplifiers, the two SiGe 2528L 2.4 GHz power amps are for 2.4 GHz.
I guess anyway that the longer, folded antenna's with gray wire are 2.4 GHz and the shorter ones with black wire for 5 GHz.
mmakam2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry i didn't really understand your post, which ones are the 2.4ghz antennas? theres 3 black on the left and 3 gray on the right, the black wire lengths are actually longer than the grey ones, they go under and one goes to the center and the other goes all the way to the other side
wouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
3 antennas with gray wire are 2.4 GHz.
3 antennas with black wire are 5 GHz.
ebalsley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 0:25    Post subject: v2 Reply with quote
What about v2 of this router? On mine, the circuit board has labels, and I'd love to know what they mean. I assume the 2's are 2.4GHz, and the 5's are 5GHz but I'm just guessing.

2A - antenna 3 - black wire
2B - antenna 1 - grey wire
2C - antenna 6, black/grey wire
5? - antenna 2 - black/grey wire
5? - antenna 4 - black wire
5? - antenna 5 - grey wire

I already started fiddling with the three 5's and I forgot which wire went to which Sad

I'm building a custom road case, and I only have room for 2 external antennas. I don't care about 2.4GHz, but how should I determine which two of the three 5GHz connections are most important?
You can see the two external connectors I already added, I'm just trying to figure out where to plug them in.

Malitiacurt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
The 3 antennas with wires connected to the upper left chip is 2.4GHz. The upper right area is the 5GHz chip.

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/2718/2/cisco-linksys-e4200-v2-review-450-mbps-on-both-bands-circuit-board
ebalsley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, that's good to confirm what I suspected. But what is the difference between A, B, and C? If I only use 2 antennas with this, where should I plug them in? I did some non-scientific testing watching the RSSI on a connected computer while I changed the antennas, and it didn't seem to matter much.
Nef
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
This should help you.

http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Linksys_E4200_v1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: