Netgear Hardware/Support questions WNDR3700v3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Yuji Saeki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I flashed the mini recommended...now no other build can be upgraded to. They'll say success and what-not but they don't flash, even stock firmwares...
Sponsor
mrbungler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yuji Saeki wrote:
Well I flashed the mini recommended...now no other build can be upgraded to. They'll say success and what-not but they don't flash, even stock firmwares...

I am running into the same issue. Latest seems to be r19519 but the upgrade feature does not work. Doesn't give me the warm fuzzies so i will be putting the WNDR3700v3 to stock until there is another rev.
Yuji Saeki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I had to TFTP it too. Sucks my 5Ghz WLAN can't act 2.4Ghz, craps miserably.
dreadycarpenter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 15:01    Post subject: how to restore to original netgear wndr3700v3 firmware Reply with quote
also I installed the mini ddwrt version for wndr3700v3 here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNDR3700v3.chk

this version would not let me upgrade to another firmware, or revert to factory netgear firmware.
also when I try the firmware recovery software included with the wndr3700v3 cd, it would fail.. timed out

what I did to restore to original netgear wndr3700v3 firmware
first we must break ddwrt, I got the tip from this article:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash
Code:

ping 192.168.1.1
telnet 192.168.1.1
  mtd erase linux
  reboot

then I rebooted my os to windows (I use linux) and loaded the firmware recovery software from the netgear wndr3700v3 cd.
It failed a couple times then worked. I am now back to default netgear firmware, and will now try the other ddwrt build posted here
http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/39207/Pre-Compiled-DD-WRT-for-NETGEAR-WNDR3700v3-Wireless-Router-.CHK/

I really just bought the wndr3700 thinking that I could use openwrt, but I guess I didn't read enough as v3 not supported.
I did notice that netgear has the source code for this firmware available under GPL, and other routers with broadcom are supported by openwrt,
anyway hope this helps others.
Yuji Saeki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just TFTPed the firmwares after I realized GUI was bust. Hate the GUI anyway.
shilent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
My Belkin N+ router died on me and I needed a router ASAP. After doing a very quick search, I decided on this router. I just found out that there's no DD-WRT support.

Now so far I like this router, performance is great, I sometimes do a lot of large file transfers, and this router keeps my gigabit network utilization at 99%. Has all of the options I need. Not sure about stability as I only had it for two days.

My question is, am I missing out with not having DD-WRT? If this router is stable and has all the options I need, is there any reason to go DD-WRT? How about the future? Any chance a year from now I'll be like "damn, I wish this router was supported"?
carlw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 0:30    Post subject: Re: how to restore to original netgear wndr3700v3 firmware Reply with quote
dreadycarpenter wrote:
what I did to restore to original netgear wndr3700v3 firmware[/b]
first we must break ddwrt, I got the tip from this article:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash
Code:

ping 192.168.1.1
telnet 192.168.1.1
  mtd erase linux
  reboot

then I rebooted my os to windows (I use linux) and loaded the firmware recovery software from the netgear wndr3700v3 cd.

Thank You!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: