Routerboard 133c

dv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:24    Post subject: Routerboard 133c Reply with quote
I was just looking around for some cheap CPE hardware is this worth while to even try the 133c and is it even ported for this device?
Sponsor
hebeda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
there is a port on the ubuquity lite station in the works i know , for pure client mode only ....
it will be only to commerical costumer for a certain volume of licenses ....

mikrotik is not an option ...
dv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
have you ran the mikrotik software before? i'm planning to have two cards in client mode and 1 in AP... does the software support this and is this software limited to 4096 connections like the broadcom port of dd-wrt?
hebeda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
dd-wrt x86 , avila and rb532 version do support as much interfaces as you need , there is no connection limit ..
dv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes I realize that, i'm curious about the rb 133 though...
wlan-skynet.de
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
The RB133c is a ideal, cheap rootenna board. It would be very cool if DD are available for this board with supporting AR52xx or AR54xx 11a-WLNICs.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
this board is too slow, has a faked CE/ROHS compliance, doesnt support high power cards. enough reasons to "not" invest any time in it. its just wasted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
this board is too slow, has a faked CE/ROHS compliance, doesnt support high power cards. enough reasons to "not" invest any time in it. its just wasted
I did'nt know these facts. Do Mikrotik know that? I tought they design own boards? Is this a OEM device?

This shows: Low price results in low quality. Sh**.

Do you know a cheap mini PCI board with poe capabilities supported by DD?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
mikrotik does not design it. these boards are from korea

the GW2347 from gateworks has poe capabilties up to 20 volt. (but not more)
the GW2348-2 isnt that expensive too and can use up to 48 volts.

i dont know the price range you're looking for, but if its below 50$ you can give up at that point. if someone want to builds up a accesspoint, he will find out that the ap device isnt the major cost point. antennas and all the stuff around costs much more

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 16:49    Post subject: Routerboard 133c Reply with quote
I have just installed 7 routerboard 133c as CPE and a RB153 For a base station, even if
both of them use the same 175Mhz mips 4k processor they run smoothly, i have also a DHCP SERVER in each of the LAN interface of every CPE and they work using routing.

I have just paid US$ 69 for each of this boards and US$ 59 for the senao 8602.

To me this is a cheap price to pay for getting a simple wireless network working providing
a good 2 Mbit/s bandwidth for each client and getting always a 70% of processig utilization.

Regards
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
but 2 mbit is simple not enough for many people. especially if you have to share the bandwidth between alot of users

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was just looking around for some cheap CPE hardware is this worth while to even try the 133c and is it even ported for this device?

But as a CPE, and in low profile wireless links is just enough. When you need high bandwidth link we all understand its needed a high performance board as well as the gateworks at 533 Mhz, or a POWERPC processor board.
BLD76
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about the 153 router board. Is ti fast enough, I believe it has enough memory.
I have installed a few of them as hotspots, and it is the only one I am familiar with.
If so I woud like to try and see what dd-wrt could do for the application of this board in a small city. The ones I've currently use have wlm45g minipci's with amplifiers on them, and seem to work well as stand alone units, just have doubts about the ability of them to work together in a somewhat mesh system.
abc_warbot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 20:30    Post subject: RB153 Reply with quote
I bought just a 2 months ago two of this boards which have the same performance as the RB133, the only difference between them is the capability of pulling out power from the datalines of the ethernet port an of course the CF slot. It happens that i decide to place a POE surge arrestor before the ethernet port one of the board, but i seems that the arrestor blocks the ethernet link negotiation because is a shortage. Finally i found aout that thi board have this ability that any other boards have, so i have to remove the POE arrestor to make ot work.
abc_warbot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 0:44    Post subject: RB133 Reply with quote
After months of working with RB133/133c i can tell that these boards aren't fast enough for handling a simple network with 40 pc with DHCP server. Really recommend not to use these boards. Also these boards can't provide real power for minpci slot and get high power tx levels.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: