Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 13:07    Post subject: 0323 Reply with quote
Its time to party! :D

It seems like the last issue with client bridge mode is resolved, now everything on the network can be reached from both sides of the fonera bridge and also the foner itself can be reached!

Now both the PC client and the Fonera itself has the same MAC address on the network, that is the WLAN MAC address,however it works...:)

The questions still remain though, what happens when connecting lets say a switch with a second ocr third device to the fonera bridge, will they all work and will they all share the Fonera WLAN MAC address? :o

Maybe this is a hidden part of Brainslayers new reworked Bridge code... Wink
Sponsor
intrax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried with a second/third device ? If they all get same mac address I guess it will not work or at least only one device at a time can use the bridge which is more or less a 'crippled bridge'... Wink
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats true.

Well I havent tried, will try know. But it maybe is possible, because of the reworked code.
Who knows, maybe the new code is some kind of bridge NAT Very Happy
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tryied it now, but not with a switch on the ethernet, I only connected one client PC to the ethernet and one laptop to the VAP on the same fonera client bridge. Both get IP by WRT DHCP, and I can ping the PC, the laptop and the foner bridge at the same time!

Wonderful!

PC (ethernet) ------- Fonera client bridge & VAP (WLAN) ----WRT54G
Laptop (WLAN) --- |
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only thing I can think of now left to fic is WDS part, or maybe it alreadyn works. Will try this too :P

At the moment client mode works, client bridge mode works and VAP work.
Looks like the DD-WRT for Fonera is finally going to be no beta soon!
Dravor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
joksi wrote:
The only thing I can think of now left to fic is WDS part, or maybe it alreadyn works. Will try this too :P

At the moment client mode works, client bridge mode works and VAP work.
Looks like the DD-WRT for Fonera is finally going to be no beta soon!

I still had an odd issue.....

I have to have MAC filtering off on my main router to get it to join. Have you all tried getting it connected with MAC filtering on?
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, tried it, worked good what I could see... however now i'm only using WPA2, MAC filters is just fake protection anyway

Last edited by joksi on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:06; edited 1 time in total
the_dark_shadow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
is AP+WDS-TAB working?
Sycho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Client bridge mode not working here, i think it's because i have STP Activated. But i'm unable to disable it !

Wan is disabled, DHCP Forwarding from 192.168.1.1 server. FON 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0. Wireless mode "client bridge".

I can ping adsl router (192.168.1.1) and pc connected via lan to fon, from fonera's ssh.
My pc is using static ip, i don't get ip from router as spected. And i can't access internet.

Tried to disable STP both from wifi and lan, but when i check disabled and save, i get a 404 error, and have to wait a couple of minutes to open web gui again. Of course after that, STP is still enabled Sad
pepsi_max2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sycho, have you got regular client mode working ok?

And joksi, do you still have to mess about with rip2 settings to get client bridge working?
Sycho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
pepsi_max2k wrote:
Sycho, have you got regular client mode working ok?

And joksi, do you still have to mess about with rip2 settings to get client bridge working?

Have not tried regular client mode because i have a WRT54GL running v23 sp2 in client bridge mode with this config i'm trying on FON, and it's working flawesly there.

Just checked and the pc on the FON lan side can ping 192.168.1.1, but pc don't get ip from it. And with manual ip i can't access internet.

Why it's working on WRT54GL and not in FON???
Sycho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Working now!!!

Only had to add gateway ip on fonera's basic config. Anyway WRT54GL with v24 sp2 works without it.

But still i can't get ip from router dhcp, maybe there is some broadcasts filtering on FON?
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no filtering at all, it works great here. No complications at all.

Yes, RIP2 still, havent tried without it but there is no reason not using it, what would you use?
RIP2 "must" be used in fact, gateway mode means NAT and thats not an idea with a bridge....
shiekh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not having much success; how much is automated?

Does selecting Client-Bridge automatically turn off DHCP, etc?

Is there a step by step set of instructions out there? for lazy people like me...
pepsi_max2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
no it's not automatic. and yes there are instructions, check here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/LaFonera_Software
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: