TP-Link WR-1043ND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 162, 163, 164  Next
aergison
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:39    Post subject: Installed openwrt instead... Reply with quote
aergison wrote:
So, finally, what is the recommended build to install on wr1043N v1.8?

Looks like 18777 is ok stability wise, but upload speed suffers.
What about 19519?
What is the most stable version?

So finally, although I had been using dd-wrt on my Linkys wrt54G for years and really wanted to get it to work on my new router, because dd-wrt doesn't seem to be even close to being stable on the wr1043ND, I went to openwrt with the build from the Trunk dated from Aug 17, which contains the fix for the WAN not being available after reboot (https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/32946).
Flashed on the 17th, it's been running stable at 300Mbps since then.
Sponsor
SeeWhy2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:00    Post subject: Re: Installed openwrt instead... Reply with quote
aergison wrote:
aergison wrote:
So, finally, what is the recommended build to install on wr1043N v1.8?

Looks like 18777 is ok stability wise, but upload speed suffers.
What about 19519?
What is the most stable version?

So finally, although I had been using dd-wrt on my Linkys wrt54G for years and really wanted to get it to work on my new router, because dd-wrt doesn't seem to be even close to being stable on the wr1043ND, I went to openwrt with the build from the Trunk dated from Aug 17, which contains the fix for the WAN not being available after reboot (https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/32946).
Flashed on the 17th, it's been running stable at 300Mbps since then.

Do you have a link for the openwrt trunk build?
TIA,
ecarlevaro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 14:44    Post subject: OpenWRT for Tp-Link WR1043 Reply with quote
Here is the wiki page of OpenWRT on Tp-Link WR1043ND
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd

And here are the trunk versions (snapshots version or beta versions):
http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/

sergicz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can also try this build of OpenWRT http://aspiregemstone.blogspot.cz/2011/10/openwrt-built-for-tp-link-wr1043nd.html
mkhlzhr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I want to use OpenWRT. Can I flash directly from DD-WRT? Or how do I have to install openwrt?
iZz0s
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is interested for me, too...

I read something about OpenWRT and found out that it have by default no active wlan and no web interface. are they existing builds with pre-enabled wlan & luci etc. ? like on dd-wrt...
Bajramo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
iZz0s wrote:
This is interested for me, too...

I read something about OpenWRT and found out that it have by default no active wlan and no web interface. are they existing builds with pre-enabled wlan & luci etc. ? like on dd-wrt...

Trunk (beta)builds do not include web interface BUT the stable Backfire 10.03.1 HAS buildin Luci web inerface by default and the wlan is very easy to setup and turn on from the web interface after you flash Backfire. I'm using it on one of my 1043ND for 2 months with no problem or restart. Also it's very modular, you can install packages (software modules or addon's ) as you wish or need. By far more stable compared to DD-WRT.
iZz0s
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi !

Thanks for your Answer Smile

Yesterday i tested already a bit around. First, i tried the official stable 10.03.1 - as you said, this build have already luci.

I noticed that the wireless dbm with this build was set too 27dbm.

Now im testing the newest version from here:
http://aspiregemstone.blogspot.cz/2011/10/openwrt-built-for-tp-link-wr1043nd.html

This build have luci etc. included, too - and its much newer, have a newer kernel version and so on. but it wasn't possible to me to set the wlan to 27dbm as on official release, it stays at 20dbm.

You have any idea ? And what i haven't found .. where can i found all available packages for openwrt? wanna look a bit around, trying some cool stuff Smile
Bajramo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
iZz0s wrote:
Hi !

Thanks for your Answer Smile

Yesterday i tested already a bit around. First, i tried the official stable 10.03.1 - as you said, this build have already luci.

I noticed that the wireless dbm with this build was set too 27dbm.

Now im testing the newest version from here:
http://aspiregemstone.blogspot.cz/2011/10/openwrt-built-for-tp-link-wr1043nd.html

This build have luci etc. included, too - and its much newer, have a newer kernel version and so on. but it wasn't possible to me to set the wlan to 27dbm as on official release, it stays at 20dbm.

You have any idea ? And what i haven't found .. where can i found all available packages for openwrt? wanna look a bit around, trying some cool stuff Smile

First you don't need any more than 20 db. 20 or 23 - it's the same. I have set at 27 but in real when you check using console command the real TX power is 23 db. So it's not a big deal 20 or 23 db.

And for the packages update you can update the list using Luci interface.
monty_burns_007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can I safely flash my 1043 v.1.8 router from actual DD-WRT firmware to this OpenWRT firmware and vice versa ?

Until now I always stayed with DD-WRT although there are many bugs etc...

Now the latest dd-wrt releases are quite good. I've got a full working OpenVPN, Pptp VPN, port forwarding, fixed host names to IP adresses, Dyndns (dnsOmatic account), a ad filtering script, ....
Wifi stays stable now and all this is easily configurable through dd-wrt standard Web GUI.

OpenVPN seems cryptic to my (much ssh console configuration).

Can all the above features be as easily configured with the OpenWRT lucie web GUI ?

If so I'll like to try it out since i'am always hearing OpenWRT is much more stable, faster, better, ....

A friend of mine had both and switched to OpenWRT because of the bad Wifi Speed on dd-WRT, network was too slow for his streaming HD content. With OpenWRT it worked great he said, but you can a firmware where wifi isn't available at first and there's a lot of configuration work to be done first (cryptic console).

If I want to try it out and want to be able to go back to my actual dd-wrt status, is it sufficient to first make a nvram backup of my current settings en keep it seperate with my actuele DD-wRT firmware file.
Then flash through the web GUI the OpenWRT firmware directly (or should I revert my dd-wrt back to default settings or a nvram erase ?)

If I then want to go back from OpenWRT to DD-WRT I can simply enter the dd-wrt firmware file in the OpenWRT web GUI upgrade page (and reload my nvrams) ?

Thanks in advance,

monty
iZz0s
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi !

Im doing it in this way:

From DD-WRT: First flash Stock-Revert Firmware (Here in Forum) through dd-wrt webgui, then the German Firmware (here in forum) through tp-link webgui!

From OpenWRT: First flash standard Stock Firmware (newest) from TP-Link Website through openwrt webgui, then the German Firmware (here im forum) through tp-link webgui!

With this method, i flashed 3 devices. I tried DD-WRT & OpenWRT again and again and bricked NO of my deviced.

I recommend to do everytime a nvram erase if you wanna flash stock fw over your dd-wrt. if you need a backup of your settings, you should do this first!

For now, im staying at OpenWRT 12.09 beta from 04.09.12 . It seems WAYS more stable, is more lightweight - i love it Smile WLAN & LAN Speeds are okay, no reboots, no hang up's etc.

Especially with the newer builds of dd-wrt my 1043nd hangs up every 1-2 minutes ... all of my 3 devices!
Bajramo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
iZz0s wrote:

For now, im staying at OpenWRT 12.09 beta from 04.09.12 . It seems WAYS more stable, is more lightweight - i love it Smile WLAN & LAN Speeds are okay, no reboots, no hang up's etc.

Especially with the newer builds of dd-wrt my 1043nd hangs up every 1-2 minutes ... all of my 3 devices!

+1 (not 1-2 minutes but 15-30 minutes i need a reboot with the newest builds. Last stable dd-wrt build for me is 18024)
iZz0s
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Bajramo!

sorry, 1-2 was wrong here too Very Happy .. i mean 1-2 hours. mostly it was 40min-60min, then it hangs up.

i can 100% recommend openwrt, really awesome. i've used dd-wrt for years and now openwrt is defintive the better choice for me!
Juniorek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
did you try to setup ipv6

i`ve installed latest backfire from openwrt site
followed the tutorials (eg. installing he mod and ipv6)
got working ipv6 but only on the router

didn`t get an ipv6 on my pc;/

went back to dd-wrt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dd-wrt never worked perfect for me but a couple of months ago I flashed r18024. This build has been perfect for me. No longer lags every now and then, like it used to, and WiFi is consistent 300mbps all the time!
Current uptime is 72 days.
Never been happier and thought I should post here. Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 162, 163, 164  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 112 of 164
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: