TP-Link WDR4300 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:20    Post subject: TP-Link WDR4300 Support Reply with quote
Many thanks for supporting this device. Have tried the latest Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/10/12) std. In general it works well, but there does seem to be a couple of problems:

1. The Windows 7 network infrastructure device is shown as a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, rather than TP-Link WDR4300...is this normal?

2. Changing the wireless Tx power seems to have no effect. After changing this setting to 70 dBm, it still displays as 20 dBm in the Wireless Status information settings under <Status> -> <Wireless>. The signal strength on all connected devices remains the same regardless of value set and this problem remains even after changing the Wireless Regulatory Domains to different countries.
Sponsor
NeoPhyTe.x360
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:51    Post subject: Re: TP-Link WDR4300 Support Reply with quote
alk630 wrote:
Many thanks for supporting this device. Have tried the latest Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/10/12) std. In general it works well, but there does seem to be a couple of problems:

1. The Windows 7 network infrastructure device is shown as a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, rather than TP-Link WDR4300...is this normal?

2. Changing the wireless Tx power seems to have no effect. After changing this setting to 70 dBm, it still displays as 20 dBm in the Wireless Status information settings under <Status> -> <Wireless>. The signal strength on all connected devices remains the same regardless of value set and this problem remains even after changing the Wireless Regulatory Domains to different countries.

1. No problems here, no infrastructure shown in Win7 (like no router)

2. It's normally, it should be the hardware atheros power limits.
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:59    Post subject: Re: TP-Link WDR4300 Support Reply with quote
NeoPhyTe.x360 wrote:
alk630 wrote:

1. No problems here, no infrastructure shown in Win7 (like no router)

2. It's normally, it should be the hardware atheros power limits.

Thanks for the reply...does this mean that:

1. The router should not normally show up in Win 7.
2. There is no way of increasing the Atheros Tx power limit beyond 20 dBm for this router?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
The 20dBm is the hardware maximum, so no, no way to change that. And 70dBm - really? No consumer router i know of is going to Tx @ 70dBm.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
The 20dBm is the hardware maximum, so no, no way to change that. And 70dBm - really? No consumer router i know of is going to Tx @ 70dBm.

Thanks for clearing this up...have done a bit of reading around the subject now too Wink
jdc2389
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
TP-Link released some new firmware fixing a lot of problems with this router. I suggest you use that and wait a damn good while(until something stable comes along) before trying dd-wrt on this. Otherwise you will likely end up with a paperweight unless you have a special connector for the router and know what you are doing/have a revert firmware file. Wink
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
jdc2389 wrote:
TP-Link released some new firmware fixing a lot of problems with this router. I suggest you use that and wait a damn good while(until something stable comes along) before trying dd-wrt on this. Otherwise you will likely end up with a paperweight unless you have a special connector for the router and know what you are doing/have a revert firmware file. Wink

Thanks for the heads up...Has anyone successfully managed to revert to the stock firmware yet? TFTP doesn't work for me. Are there any files to revert from the DD-WRT GUI around?
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
You took the first possible build coming out of developers for testing purposes. Please take this into consideration.
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
You took the first possible build coming out of developers for testing purposes. Please take this into consideration.

It's not that I don't like what's on offer with DD-WRT, I'd just like to get more familiar with the whole process of switching back to stock to test how things stack up with the newer TP-Link firmwares & how to cope if future builds don't fare too well Wink
cpj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 15:08    Post subject: Any news Reply with quote
Hey,

Are there any news on dd-wrt support for this device?
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 17:53    Post subject: Re: Any news Reply with quote
cpj wrote:
Hey,

Are there any news on dd-wrt support for this device?

There is a build available if you look at the WDR4300 donations post. However, you cannot revert to stock firmware currently as the gui revert file does not yet work properly.
tonuello
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:54    Post subject: Revert File Reply with quote
Did they yank the revert file? I was looking at switching back to try the new native firmware release. Anyone tried loading open-wrt from dd-wrt and then reverting?
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
The revert file is still there but you need to be logged in to see the link. However, this file doesn't work properly as reported by myself & others
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
You'll have to wait for next released dd-wrt build, with that one flashed on the router then the revert file should work.

Next build will change the nvram position in flash so you will loose all your dd-wrt settings when applying it.

Finally, don't ask when the next build will be released, that is something decided by Brainslayer when he thinks there is enough of code changes to be tested by the community.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 18:36    Post subject: 1 GB wired speeds Reply with quote
Has anyone been successful in connecting a wired PC at 1 Gbps? My NIC only connects at 100 Mbps when connected to the 4300 running DD-WRT. I don't have another gig switch or I would try that. Thanks.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 49
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: